Here's a new song. Who wants to play drums?

FoulPhil

Here's the start of a song. It's only guitar @ 100 BMP.

Guitar Only

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Leads etc.

(I have a buddy who's supposed to help me by playing and recording drums, but he might not ever end up getting around to it. I have way too much music to work on as well. I don't think he'll be able to get to it in a timely fashion. I CAN NOT afford to pay anyone. If someone would like to perform and record some drums for me that would be great. I think I'll be doing a song or two every week more or less. And then with periods of no songs as all lol :D)

Last edited:
Good sounding guitar. Should make a great song once you get it completed.

Thanks buddy. If I end up not having someone to do the drums. I might end up just doing a acoustic and vocal type thing, but that's just so mellow sounding. I want it rocked out a bit lol

I like the sound of the guitar as well. It's very bright.
The song reminds me of something that I'd write so I'm feeling this one.

It sounds a bit like a Christmas tune :D

I like the sound of the guitar as well. It's very bright.
The song reminds me of something that I'd write so I'm feeling this one.

It sounds a bit like a Christmas tune :D

It's called "Ball Of Dirt" and the gist of the song is about how we can live in a world so full of people and yet still feel so alone etc. Of course it's impossible to know that until there are vocals and schit lol...

Thanks for the last comments guys. Here's a new version that has some drums, bass, leads etc. You can get an idea of what the song will end up sounding like. I hope eventually it'll have some real drums to really bring it home :p

No vocals yet because I haven't been able to get some really good takes recorded. So, I'm going to practice a few more weeks and try again.

Whoa. This sounds so different now with the drums and stuff.

I actually like the sound of the kit for this. The kick stood out a little too much maybe? Not too loud necessarily, just kind of too clean sounding or something?

Anyway, I'd love to play drums for this, but it wouldn't even sound as good as the software you used here. Bass sounds pretty good. I think the guitars kind of dominate the mix as is, but it's primarily a guitar piece, so why not? I like the little Spanish flavored runs sprinkled here and there. Pretty laid back and it's dying for some vocals, so let's here 'em. :)

The drum part sounds good, but consider hand percussion for this one as well, since the guitar part's acoustic. Not suggesting, just saying.

The acoustic sounds absolutely fantastic to me. A lovely rich tone. With a nice crisp vocal over the top with some great lyrics, this would sound awesome! Listening to just the acoustic on it's own I could hear Bongos, Shakers, etc. Might be worth a thought, rather than "rockin" it up.

:thumbs up:

Hey thanks guys :thumbs up:. I hated the drums at first, but then tried an Ez Drummer kit called "Americana" and everything just seemed to fit right in. I wouldn't mind having some hand percussion and noise makers, but I don't have anything like that. I'm not exactly sure banging pots and pans together is a sound I'm going for LOL... If I don't end up with real drums for whatever reason, I'll just keep them as simple as possible like in this song. I noticed as long as I don't get too fancy with the arrangements it has much less weird crap going on.

Back