Here is a rough one...cover of Queens "Tie Your Mother Down"

queepy

aka Variaxman
Queen has been one of my favorite bands for a long time and I always wanted to try a cover of this one.I totally suck on the vocals and the drum loops are pretty lame but it might be good for a laugh...I also try a nd play a little Brian May tribute at the end with some echo/harmony guitar type soloing like he used to do live in the good ol'days.Here it is:

Tie Your Mother Down

Well, nice playing on this. And give yourself some credit on the vocals. You might not be Freddy, but they sound pretty good to me. Your timing is way better than mine... :D Actually just sounds somewhat live to me. Good choice of guitar tones for this song. Sound similar to Queen sounds to me. They fit well. I'd say you did a good job on this. I really enjoyed it, and your playing is just great.
Ed

Dogman said:
Well, nice playing on this. And give yourself some credit on the vocals. You might not be Freddy, but they sound pretty good to me. Your timing is way better than mine... :D Actually just sounds somewhat live to me. Good choice of guitar tones for this song. Sound similar to Queen sounds to me. They fit well. I'd say you did a good job on this. I really enjoyed it, and your playing is just great.
Ed

Thanks Dogman....Nakitra wanted to lay down some vocals for this, but I think he's on vacation.,sooo,I thought I would throw it out there for some mix critiques.I don't have the attention span to learn guitar solos note for note so I try to just play what I hear in my head for the song and capture a bit of the originals spirit.Thanks for listening

I really liked this mix. Everything great - drums/bass/rhythm/leads all nice and tight. Vocals were good too - fit in the mix well too. Nice job! Like the echo-ing leads on the end - great!

variaxman said:
Thanks Dogman....Nakitra wanted to lay down some vocals for this, but I think he's on vacation.,sooo,I thought I would throw it out there for some mix critiques.I don't have the attention span to learn guitar solos note for note so I try to just play what I hear in my head for the song and capture a bit of the originals spirit.

Haha, that's what I do too. I never go note for note, I just jam around and come up with my own thing.

I agree with Dogman, this has a real live feel to it. Cool playing, love your Brian May impressions. Those rule! The whole track rules man, good fun.

My recommendation would be to get a bunch of us singing the chorus with you :D :D

Good times.

ido1957 said:
I really liked this mix. Everything great - drums/bass/rhythm/leads all nice and tight. Vocals were good too - fit in the mix well too. Nice job! Like the echo-ing leads on the end - great!

Thanks man!I used a vox amp setting on my pod xtl to try and get that Brian May sound...pretty tough tho!He has such a unique tone .
Thanks alot for listening!

SnakeDog5050 said:
Haha, that's what I do too. I never go note for note, I just jam around and come up with my own thing.

I agree with Dogman, this has a real live feel to it. Cool playing, love your Brian May impressions. Those rule! The whole track rules man, good fun.

My recommendation would be to get a bunch of us singing the chorus with you :D :D

Good times.

Oh yeah!that sounds great about the singing....I could send out a vocal-less version for anybody who would like to try the vox..lead&backing,I know Nakitira was interested.Was even thinking ,if he's not to busy,maybe,Rami would play some Drums on this for me :rolleyes: ...I hate playing with loops!He did a awesome job on Dogmans War Pigs,and I think he could put some life in this.

variaxman said:
Oh yeah!that sounds great about the singing....I could send out a vocal-less version for anybody who would like to try the vox..lead&backing,I know Nakitira was interested.Was even thinking ,if he's not to busy,maybe,Rami would play some Drums on this for me :rolleyes: ...I hate playing with loops!He did a awesome job on Dogmans War Pigs,and I think he could put some life in this.

Sweet, I'm in! :D Rami's in too, I just decided for him. He'll have it done by 3pm today. Hehe, just kidding Rami :p

Sheesh, I'll do something if wanted...I'm always up for some fun with you guys.... :D

Hey Dawgs!...I will post something up shortly...do you guys just wanna do the chorus/backups or lead vox also...just let me know!

boomtap said:
I dig the drum sounds. Those are sweet.

Thanks man!There just loops from drumatic...and I add in cymbal crashes from cakewalks drag n drop drummer....not as good as the real thing but its all I got!
Thanks alot for listening!

variaxman said:
Hey Dawgs!...I will post something up shortly...do you guys just wanna do the chorus/backups or lead vox also...just let me know!

Dog#2 speaking: Hey either one or both is cool ;) I guess tonight since I'm not doing much, I wouldn't mind having some fun with a crappy lead :D

Yeah, I'm up for either, but since it's your tune, I thought maybe you could just use the backing vocs for a chorus, if they can be put together to sound good in your mix.
Ed

Dogman said:
Yeah, I'm up for either, but since it's your tune, I thought maybe you could just use the backing vocs for a chorus, if they can be put together to sound good in your mix.
Ed

Cool...I will be putting up 2 versions...one with my "lead vocal" and no backups..if you guys wanna do backups that would be cool as Im curios as to how that would sound...and I will also put up a vocal less version cause I dig the way you guys sing.It will have to be in a little while tho as the wife has got me on the run today :rolleyes: !!

!!!!

Really nice! The music tracks have a totally authentic sound. The riffs are excellent and tight.

The vocal should be pitched a couple registers higher, eh? Did you try wearing striped spandex and a fur cape? How'bout squeezin' yer balls in a vice?

...........;)

A Reel Person said:
Really nice! The music tracks have a totally authentic sound. The riffs are excellent and tight.

The vocal should be pitched a couple registers higher, eh? Did you try wearing striped spandex and a fur cape? How'bout squeezin' yer balls in a vice?

...........;)
Man, if he could remain conscious, I think you just gave him the secret.... :p

variaxman said:
if you guys wanna do backups that would be cool as Im curios as to how that would sound...and I will also put up a vocal less version cause I dig the way you guys sing.It will have to be in a little while tho as the wife has got me on the run today :rolleyes: !!

Doesn't your wife understand that there is nothing more important than guitar and homerecording bbs? :p :p Just kidding, don't tell her I said that!

Cool, we'll see how the dogs can do backing you up. Thanks about the vocal compliment too, I don't get those too often :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
Doesn't your wife understand that there is nothing more important than guitar and homerecording bbs? :p :p Just kidding, don't tell her I said that!

Cool, we'll see how the dogs can do backing you up. Thanks about the vocal compliment too, I don't get those too often :D
But Snake, you deserve compliments in so many ways.....Not gay ways, just other, more manly ways....

Great cover man, really authentic.
I love that song, its got such a drive and you captured it nicely.
I'm sorry for standing you up on the the vox, but I have no equipment over here were I'm at.
But as soon as I come home, end of november I promise to give it a shot.

Sorry for the late critics, Its rarely I get a full audioble system down here.

but anyway cheers on a great song, and remeber Brian Harold May uses a coin for a pick. :)

Back