Help me finish this CD

Listening for the second time as I type this, that tells you that I like. Really the only nit I have is the snare and that's really supbejective for everybody. Some people .will love it and some won't.

If that's a real drummer, he rocks, man. If it's not, it's a simple matter to tune the snare out of that hollow almost tom sound.

Guitars and vocals are top notch. Everything seems to have a place, not conflicts fighting for space that I can hear. Really an all round super job.

The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that ring on the snare. Other than that, press it, man. It's ready for the CD.:)

just on pc speakers it sounded good.

usually the boomy bass is the first thing of a bad mix, and yours is really well done.

like the rythm - riff ....

Grate ! and great.

Nice song I have only one issues with it and it relates to the guitar but would be impossible to diagnose as a single stereo file, but then i'm picky it's completley acceptable for your cd though.

sounds great.

Thanks for the input so far

Thanks for the input so far guys.

xeries, yea it's a live drummer and that snare sound sounds like poop to me too (you should hear the un-eq'd one). Too much ring and not enough balls. so I re-amped the bottom of the snare with a guitar amp to get some more snare wire sound to mask the "goooong" It seems like it's a fine line between masking out the "gooong" and sucking the life right out of the snare (and the song) as the snare in this song drives the boat.

coolcat - is it a tone issue or a recording issue?

I'm wondering if I should pan the rhythm guitar to the left at the intro to fill out the sound at the beginning or should I keep it raw. Any thoughts?

This sounds pretty nice man. Nice catchy guitar riffs. I kind of like that snare sound, but maybe not so much for this particular song. I'm listening on little computer speakers w/ subwoofer, so not sure on the finer points of the mix, but it sounds really good to me.

Really like the rhythmic guitar / drum interaction during the ending part.

I personally would not change the intro. I like the rawness and panning the way it is.

Back