Hello from dinologic

dinologic

I'm really not all that comfortable posting a track as my introductory post here but there's no welcome forum so here goes.

Hi. I'm dinologic and I like warm hugs.

Sorry, I have a 3-year old daughter who loves Frozen so that's, like, the way I introduce myself to everyone these days. :facepalm:

Anyway, here's a track I put together recently. I've only had a couple of passes at it so it's quite rough but I think it's a good place to start:

Some other older stuff that is a little more complete but certainly nothing extraordinary:
Dean DeGennaro (dinologic) Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

I basically have my guitars, a Line6 TonePort DI with Gearbox/Podfarm software and Reaper and that's it. Feedback is appreciated. :)

Hey, cool little guitar ditty. One thing that i would say is during the section with the drums, they got swamped when the guitars built up. I could just hear the snare, and almost no kick, and the cymbals seemed a lot louder than the rest of the kit. Didn't see anything about drums in your gear list, how did you do the drums? Hope you didn't mind me calling it a ditty.... and what's Frozen? thanks for the listen :)

A ditty is just fine. :) Thanks for the feedback.

The drums are sort of an afterthought at this point. I'm using Addictive Drums and I just program them using the virtual keyboard. I don't have a controller or anything. I can usually get a pretty decent human sounding drum track though. At least I think so.

But, yes, I see what you mean. The ride is definitely prominent. I only mixed this using headphones (I need to hook up my monitors). I'll adjust it.

As for Frozen, I guess it's not a big thing down under? If you have kids of a certain age here in the states I guarantee you know what Frozen is and you know all of the songs. Especially this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

My daughter is watching it right now as I type this, actually. When that song comes on she'll get up on the couch and sing it. LOL

Hey, yeah i think your drums sounded pretty human, well at least not obviously programmed and mechanical, which is why i asked, but i'm no drummer so take that for what it's worth.
I've had kids, and i know how it is when they get hooked on one show - haha i can see why that's part of your introduction. I am pretty much a pop-culture recluse these days, so frozen probably is big here - i just would have missed it. :facepalm:

I'd work the pick scrubs just a little more to make them come in better.

It's a lovely tune.

How come nobody's singing on this one? It's wasted.

Forgive my ignorance - pick scrubs? Do you mean the bits on the lead track around :45 and :50?

Thanks for the kind words. As for singing...well...I can't sing. Nor can I write lyrics. So that's pretty much why. LOL

Back