Heavier Song Different Tone

Good guitar playing. Very good.

Overall guitar tone is pretty nice. Not harsh, not muddy. Overall tonal balance is good. Not much chug to them. Amp sim? Oh just re-read your post. Yeah, sounds like a sim.

The mix could use some low end. Lack of a bass, of course contributes. The kick is kind of low in the mix. Snare is slightly clicky. Cymbals are swirly. But I'm going to blame that on Sound Cloud - not you.

no blame it on me haha. I know in my head where I want to get the mixes its just achieving and referencing others I think but compared to earlier stuff it s came along i guess, Strange the kick sounds clicky to me and too loud yeah cymbals really washy

Last edited:
Nice heavy riffs. Tone sounds good to me, any more bass in the tone would probably be too much once a bass guitar is in the mix. The guitars will borrow low end from it.

Kick is a little clicky, but fits the genre, I think. It'll have to be clicky to punch through, even more so once bass is there. Might even have to sidechain it, or parallel compress it together with the bass.

I wouldn't sweat the tone, get some bass in there, get vocals going, then work on the overall mix. Once vocals are there, you might have to carve a tiny bit of mids from the guitars, too hard to tell yet.

I really, really enjoyed this. My kind of music, a nice crisp sound. Could use more lows, yeah, but other than that.

I certainly hope you've got more stuff like this on your Soundcloud :)

I thought this sounds pretty good. The guitar sounds excellently blended and played well together. I'm listening on a bluetooth speaker. One thing is just that the kick sounds like it has a little too much treble or volume to me. It'd be cool to hear a melodic female vocalist on top of it.

-Chris

The most distracting thing is the crashes on all hit on the right side and none on the left(I assume they are crashes and not just an open hat?) Whatever they are, change it up a bit. They were going the whole song no matter what else the "drummer" was playing.

Now the rest of the music sounded pretty good I thought. Maybe nudge up the bass a little, but its almost there. Guitar is carrying this song and its not too out front, so your doing good.

Good guitar playing. Very good.

Overall guitar tone is pretty nice. Not harsh, not muddy. Overall tonal balance is good. Not much chug to them. Amp sim? Oh just re-read your post. Yeah, sounds like a sim.

The mix could use some low end. Lack of a bass, of course contributes. The kick is kind of low in the mix. Snare is slightly clicky. Cymbals are swirly. But I'm going to blame that on Sound Cloud - not you.

This is exactly what I'm hearing, too.

The most distracting thing is the crashes on all hit on the right side and none on the left

This, too.

You mention thin sounding...my end it seems like the...geez I'm not sure...the machine gunning snare...is it a snare? Or the kick? Or a hihat? It kind of takes center stage and I'm sure there's other parts that should have this spot...not the rat-a-tat-tat of that percussion piece. You have solos and great guitar sounds there...but it's all about that machine gunning...piece...I don't know what it is. It sounds thin and incessant.

Not trying to offend. Just what I hear. Tone down that relentless rat-a-tat-tatting and let the more important parts do their thing.

You mention thin sounding...my end it seems like the...geez I'm not sure...the machine gunning snare...is it a snare? Or the kick? Or a hihat? It kind of takes center stage and I'm sure there's other parts that should have this spot...not the rat-a-tat-tat of that percussion piece. You have solos and great guitar sounds there...but it's all about that machine gunning...piece...I don't know what it is. It sounds thin and incessant.

Not trying to offend. Just what I hear. Tone down that relentless rat-a-tat-tatting and let the more important parts do their thing.

no thats fine the kick is supposed to be rat a tat but more meatier which im aware of and the drums are samples on superior choices of sounds are endless. I think my first phase of my mixing was to get rid of mud which im slowly achieving then getting a good bass and kick and cymbal sound next. vocals... well thatll be after haha

Back