Hardcore/Metal Stuff For You

HydrantC12

hey. Im just curious on what you guys think of the songs themselves, not really the quality of the mix. Cause well... i didnt really mix them at all. I quickly just set up some mics to record our practice so we can get these songs tighter. There are no vocals, and yes..there are some messups. Im just curious to hear your opinions about them. Any comments would be appreciated...thanks!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/hydrantmusic.htm

The first song...Has more diverse elements to it...It also has a sweet and catchy rock riff in the middle too (well thats what i think)...Closes out with a breakdown

The second song....More straight hardcore...With a groovy guitar riff in the verse...Ends with a very metal riff

I dont think this is the best site to put heavier music in really. Not many people comment on the heavy tunes i put in here. oh well.

I checked out "A Pale Man in crows clothes". I'll go ahead and be upfront with you, im about at my wits end with "metalcore" and all of this other pseudo metal krap thats out these days so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
It sounds like you have a descent guitar player and drummer for that matter. I would work on making the tansitions sound sincere and not just in existence because you are capable of sticking a bunch of riffs together. I hear alot of different styles popping into this song. Everything from Between the buried and me, to Pantera, and to maybe even Dillinger Escape plan. Unfortunately there are a whole host of other bands doing the same exact jumbling technique and very few are pulling it off. Also, I would lose the breakdowns. That has to be the most overdone and predictable technique since the blast beat in death metal. Just my 2 cents but you asked for them.
Overall good performance and fairly good musicianship. Being honest though, I can't say there is much originallity going on. Also the trick to getting listens around this place is to do ALOT of listening yourself. If you take the time to dl some other peoples songs and comment you will get listens regardless of style. Good luck to you

hello im new here but could resist to comment your songs!

i checked both out and i must say i dig amputee party most, with those freaky chords and weird breaks, very good stuff.

nothing more to add since wireneck said it all!

:)

thanks alot for the repsones guys!..i greatly appreciate it.

Wireneck:
thanks for that post..i know what you mean. Thats always been my peeve with our songs are the transitions..i always feel they can be more structured and/or smooth. My thing is we dont try to be original we just write what we like and work around that. Cause if you think about it...everything has been done before...its sooo hard to be trully original..especialy in the world of metal/hardcore. So we concentrate more on trying to make good groovy songs instead of what "people havent heard before". Hope you know what i meen. And the breakdown...its really are only true open/chug breakdown..its just there for fun..hey why not...And by the way..NEW DILLINGER ALBUM IN 12 DAYS!!...ehhh maybe im more excited for that then you are..hopefully its good..thanks again for your comments..ill take them in consideration when we write...

Thanks again for the posts...keep them coming if youd like

Back