hardcore metal ishhhh

systmovadown

i just finished recording
but i need some good ears cause mine are useless right now.
haha

the kick is replaced with the andy sneap bass drum drumagog sample

tell me what i need to have, whats missing

thanks

I started to laugh when I was listening to this one. Man, I used to play in a couple bands were the screamers souning like their insides were going to pour out onto the mic...

The vox seem on top of everything with this one... The kick drum sounds great on this one. Sounds like the snare and toms are different than the other band you recorded, unless this is the same band. The panning on the toms sound kind of odd to, are you using some kind of delay or widening on them?

hahaha.
thanks.
what other band?
he had a 4 piece kit
i wide panned the 12" to the left and the floor to the right

Aaah! Metalcore + gore/death vocals? The vocalist clearly has some cool range there mate but he's overdoing some bits.

To match the music i reckon you need to bring the guitars up, make em fuckin huge. Maybe overlay some more guitar tracks. REALLY bring the snare up. The toms sound too bouncy - no real punch or bottom end to them (but thats probably just how your drummer tuned em). Youre focusing WAY too much on the vocalist. It has to be a multi-faceted attack when it comes to metalcore: GUITARS, KICK DRUM, SNARE and VOCALS.

Overall it aint too bad really. I dont really like the style of music, but the vocalist has some talent, and an over-singing problem ;)

Who's idea was it to put Bobcat Golthwaite through a vocoder?
Seriously I can't be because of the vocal. That fellow would be excellent to take along to a football or cricket match to cheer & scream along side.
Musically things seem OK but I really can't get past the sound of a man having his haemorrhoids removed by a dentist.
I think the bass needs a little definition & the guitar has too much distortion & not enough guitar.
Ausgrindslaught had the needs pretty well pinned.

Last edited:
hahahah

thanks guys

yeah i focused a lot more on vocals because i was rushing as the band wanted a sample up on myspace

ill make sure to focus more on the instruments

yeah it is ear-piercing especially in a small 11x10 room (especially since there's 2 vocalists...haha)

it's this style here in north jersey. hardcore music with eeeerie inhaling and gory vocals.

Shit, I can't listen right now because I'm at work...but this is the line of the month:
rayc said:
I really can't get past the sound of a man having his haemorrhoids removed by a dentist.

Now THAT is what I call promotion, because now I HAVE to listen to it. :D :cool: :p

Back