Hard Rock Song Need Advice

Just as a matter of personal taste, the guitar at :26 , 1:26 , and 2:26 needs more volume, and more feedback - right up to the edge where it rings. It sounds like these guitar positions I mention begin at a fairly low volume with :26 , then increase a bit at 1:26 , then louder at 2:26. I'd like to hear all of them at a louder volume than the last one at 2:26 - and, as I said, with some good ringing feedback.

Sounds pretty damn good. A small thing that stuck out to me was that the over-the-top snare (which sounds good when the band is slamming) is a bit too much when the arrangement tightens up. I'd automate the bombastic verb down a bit during those sections...for example at :43. That'll give it a bit more dynamics and then the listener will feel change when the song opens back up.

Really cool riff. The snare is NOT "over the top" everybody is listening on various devices in various environments.

That riff makes me want to walk around my house all macho like. 'Hey Couch! Fuck You!!" <-- shit like that.

Big and tight sounding guitars. Mix sounds good to me, maybe the drums could use some polish, some reverb or eq as they are kinda dry and dull sounding to me, but they are serving their purpose. I like the heaviness of the guitar playing without any over the top shredding. Nice work!

Sounding good. What's the guitar/amp?

Hi. Guitar is virtual instrument - Shreddage SRP, This is the newest one and I think it has the best sound quality from all virtual guitars right now. Shreddage 2 is too muddy, V-metal has to much high freq and not much of resonanse. Amp - Bias Desktop.

I thought this sounded very good. Good high gain guitar sounds. Tight playing. Low end sounds good, tight and controlled.

The melody line guitar was a little buried. The chugging rhythm guitars are taking up a lot of space so you might have trouble fitting other things in.

The Positive Grid VST stuff sounds incredibly realistic these days too...

This track is sick for home recording dude!

Back