Hard rock? Pop metal? Modern rock? Experimental?

Well, I'd just call it Rock. Pretty generic, but no need to pigeon hole stuff.
Has some elements of Gwar, but not as over the top. Some cool 80's style hard rock, and other elements mixed in. Pretty good mix. Nice guitar tone, to go with the bass. They give each other plenty of space. Just straight up rock to me....good tune.
Ed

Thanks! Yeah, I would just prefer to say rock... I put my stuff on sites like garageband.com and people are always complaining that I'm in the wrong genre, no matter which one I choose. Oh, you should put this in modern rock. This is too experimental to be in hard rock. This would do better in the metal category. Or sometimes I'll even get a "I don't know where you could put this, because it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard."

I guess my main problem is that I'm actually listening to those people. I'm probably never going to get it "right".

Oh well. Hey thanks for listenin' guys.

warrengtype said:
Thanks! Yeah, I would just prefer to say rock... I put my stuff on sites like garageband.com and people are always complaining that I'm in the wrong genre, no matter which one I choose. Oh, you should put this in modern rock. This is too experimental to be in hard rock. This would do better in the metal category. Or sometimes I'll even get a "I don't know where you could put this, because it doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard."

I guess my main problem is that I'm actually listening to those people. I'm probably never going to get it "right".

Oh well. Hey thanks for listenin' guys.
That's one of the main reasons I quit posting tunes on Garage band. A few people were helpful, but for the most part, just comments about things not being commercial, and "If you want to get signed...."
Here, I get some real help in improving my music, and learning how to put it all together better.
Ed

Back