Happy Halloween - Munsters TV theme redo by Greggy Munster

Greg_L

Banned
Hey, seems I redo this song every halloween, with different sounds and arrangements, so here it is again.

Just mixed so let me know what you think.
Munsters

Thanks,
Greg

I don't know what the hell you do for a living but if it doesn't have something to do with music I'd be very surprised. The playing is excellent. I like the surf/psychobilly take on the song. If I'm going to nitpick at the mix, I'd say the lead guitar is a smidgen too loud. The drumming is smokin'.

What size toms do you use, by the way?

I don't know what the hell you do for a living but if it doesn't have something to do with music I'd be very surprised. The playing is excellent. I like the surf/psychobilly take on the song. If I'm going to nitpick at the mix, I'd say the lead guitar is a smidgen too loud. The drumming is smokin'.
Thanks dude. I did mix the lead/vocal guitar a little out front on purpose to sort of mimic the old surf stuff from a long time ago. I went back and forth though. I kept wanting to drop it back a little.

What size toms do you use, by the way?
12, 13, 16, 18.

Love a bit of surf rock. I would have brought the organ a bit forward too, but what i would do is totally irrelevant i guess. Sounds great.

Fun little song, my first impression was the lead was a little too out front (from an old school perspective) and the tempo seemed a little faster, otherwise hit the song pretty much dead on.

For a hobby, you really really seem to be hitting if not pro, then near pro levels. You probably should open up a little school there in Houston and start teaching recording classes. Maybe help out those young rappers and electronic kids. ;)

Just listened on my cell phone - sounds really good (of course I can't hear much bass) - definitely wanna put this in the song loop for tonight.

That mosrite type guitar sounds amazing - I'm guessing that's what you used. Is the stuttery vibrato a pedal, or something you added during mixing (or is it just my phone)?

Love a bit of surf rock. I would have brought the organ a bit forward too, but what i would do is totally irrelevant i guess. Sounds great.
Thanks dude. I'd actually recorded the fake Farfisa a while back in a previous version of this song, and it doesn't sound great. I almost scrapped it all together.

Fun little song, my first impression was the lead was a little too out front (from an old school perspective) and the tempo seemed a little faster, otherwise hit the song pretty much dead on.

For a hobby, you really really seem to be hitting if not pro, then near pro levels. You probably should open up a little school there in Houston and start teaching recording classes. Maybe help out those young rappers and electronic kids. ;)
Thanks a lot man. I don't know about teaching anything. Rappers and electronica kids have no interest in real sounds. :facepalm:

reminds me of the Adams Family
Right era, wrong show! :laughings:

Ventures on speed do the Munster's theme. Love it!
Fuck yeah, thanks man. :guitar:

Just listened on my cell phone - sounds really good (of course I can't hear much bass) - definitely wanna put this in the song loop for tonight.

That mosrite type guitar sounds amazing - I'm guessing that's what you used. Is the stuttery vibrato a pedal, or something you added during mixing (or is it just my phone)?
Thanks a lot bud. Yup, all of the guitars are the Hallmark 60 Custom, and I did run it through a tremolo pedal. Boss TR-2. The reverb is amp reverb as well. I used the Marshall JVM as it's the only amp I have that has a clean channel with reverb. A 100w Marshall halfstack obviously isn't a traditional surf guitar amp, but it is what is. I think that amp pulls it off pretty well. I tried to keep it all real and organic. No added stuff in DAW besides the usual basic EQ and compression and stuff. The sounds are all just as they were recorded.

That's some good stuff there. I like the mix as is.

Bill L

Cool, thanks Bill.

Very cool cover of a very cool song. I'd have thought Atlantics, (they retired from touring last year), on steroids personally.

I think this is my favorite version of this song that you've done. Good job. It sounds awesome.
Thanks dude. I don't know why I keep re-doing this thing.

:D:D:D:D:D

That's freakin' awesome!!!
Thanks Boob.! :)

Very cool cover of a very cool song. I'd have thought Atlantics, (they retired from touring last year), on steroids personally.
Thanks Ray. Have you heard Man, or Astroman? Check em out. They're awesome space surf punk stuff.

Awesome! You surf-afried the Munsters theme! You fucking ROCK, great! AMAZING!

Lol. You still mad?

Hahaha. I've been so busy setting up my new PC and other things in life that I completely missed this.

One word - AWESOME!

Top drawer Greg :thumbs up:

Gonna be honest, I didn't even know the original. But this was awesome. And I liked it better than the original after listening. What guitars did you use for this one?

Back