Happy Halloween - Munsters TV theme redo by Greggy Munster

Hahaha. I've been so busy setting up my new PC and other things in life that I completely missed this.

One word - AWESOME!

Top drawer Greg :thumbs up:
Hey thank you, man.

Gonna be honest, I didn't even know the original. But this was awesome. And I liked it better than the original after listening. What guitars did you use for this one?
Thanks a lot. All the guitars are a Hallmark 60 Custom - Mosrite Ventures clone.

That was Munsterously good. :D

Nice job. Sounds great.

Thank you very much fellas. :)

Well, nothing too heavy -- just beer (much prefer whisky) -- but quite a lot of it and quite quickly.

I need to do some drunk posting one day. Everything else gets me banned, so I might as well go all out with it. I'm not much of a drinker though.

Sick guitar, I was thinking that it was some sort of p90. I think the p90 may be the answer to all my problems. Don't get me wrong, I love my strat, but I think the P is going to be THE pickup for me.

Sick guitar, I was thinking that it was some sort of p90. I think the p90 may be the answer to all my problems. Don't get me wrong, I love my strat, but I think the P is going to be THE pickup for me.

I love P-90s. Wonderful pickups. Keep in mind that a real P-90 is a slightly odd shaped pickup that doesn't use mounting rings and they won't fit in any old guitar without serious cavity mods.

That's a Seymor Duncan P-Rails I put in the bridge position. It's a standard humbucker sized switchable P-90/Humbucker/single rail all in one. It's humbucker mode isn't much to write home about, but the P-90 and single rail mode are great IMO. I love it. Make sure you use 500k pots if you get one.

The original Hallmark/Mosrite bridge pickup in the guitar was super hot and fat for a single coil, and sounded great for plonky surf tones, but it wasn't great for overdriven punk or rock type stuff. So I had the guy build me a custom single coil that was much better and I liked it. I still wanted that P-90 sound though, so in went the P-Rails.

Hey, seems I redo this song every halloween, with different sounds and arrangements, so here it is again.

Just mixed so let me know what you think.
Munsters

Thanks,
Greg

Maybe a dB more kick. Maybe a bit less delay/verb on the skittery guitar panned right - if it had less space on it, it'd be easier to pick out - it's getting a bit lost right now way at the back of the sound stage.

I'm spooked.
10/10.
Thanks dude. :)

Maybe a dB more kick. Maybe a bit less delay/verb on the skittery guitar panned right - if it had less space on it, it'd be easier to pick out - it's getting a bit lost right now way at the back of the sound stage.

Thanks dobronie. I agree with your assessment on the really verby tremmed bit. It's too much. It's recorded that way though. It's not plug-ins or added later. So it is the way it is unless I re-track it. I'm in a track-it-and-live-with-it mood lately.

Been getting a few strange looks of recognition when my phone rings when out and about. This has made a cracking ring tone. :laughings:

:thumbs up:

Back