Half Price Gold

Usually, I can't hear much bass sitting at my typical monitoring position - it's overwhelming, I mean, just the right amount. And once I step back about 5ft, bass gets very loud. There's a buildup at that spot in the room. However, at my typical spot, the bass seems very loud and boomy even without moving back in the room. There's one particular note that continually rings out.

listened through headphones and the mix is excellent. bass was not boomy to me and cut through really well.

Usually, I can't hear much bass sitting at my typical monitoring position - it's overwhelming, I mean, just the right amount. And once I step back about 5ft, bass gets very loud. There's a buildup at that spot in the room. However, at my typical spot, the bass seems very loud and boomy even without moving back in the room. There's one particular note that continually rings out.

Sounds like there's a note in the key of the song that your room doesn't like...if you're talking about one particular note. Anyway, hard to tell but thanks for your feedback.

Thanks touron11...what kind of headphones did you use, if you don't mind me asking...

I agree the bass is very loud. I didn't hear it as boomy. But it was loud.

I think the vocal could be compressed harder. It's a bit back in the mix, and words at the end of phrases get lost. Might be a performance thing (mic technique) to an extent.

The clean guitars sounded pretty nice. There are quite a few different guitar tracks. They're kind of popping in here and there. The arrangement gets a little cluttered in spots.

The drums, especially the snare, are back in the mix.

Is this your song? I love it! Excellent singing and playing all around.

I dig your bass. This mix is super spare, with huge space around the lead vocal. That's a good thing!

Awesome.

Back