Guitar Instrumental - Something like a Tribute

J.M.

Good evening everyone

This is a guitar track i made recently.I am pretty happy from the result since all was done by me.I mean recording mixing and mastering .All was in the box and all was digital except maybe for some reamped guitars with Axe Fx 2 ..consider that also digital ..here is the result.People with good listening enviroments will surely notice the inefficiencies so plz do share them with me.Thank you.

Attachments

• Marco Master .mp3
    8.3 MB · Views: 20
Not a listener of this kind of music (old fogey) so my comments may not apply at all.

It's way overcompressed for me.

I would have liked an arrangement with less of rhythm guitar and full-range bass, with a little more of that maybe moving in and out, i.e., give and take, and drums that sounded more alive instead of so squashed.

Good lead playing - I just felt the bulk, or weight, of the instrumentation wasn't really engaging and it became uninteresting, when there was clearly some good musicianship at work. But, like I said, not my thing. (Usually I'd keep quiet for these tracks, as someone might have mentioned.)

As an end customer, I'll comment on the mix. The first thing that popped out to me was how wide the rhythm guitars were. I like 'em more around 25-40% - personal taste. I did like the crunch, though. I agree with [MENTION=196982]keith.rogers[/MENTION] on the bass.

you've obviously got the chops and theres some nice runs in there -- perhaps too many for my taste but that's just me -- not a big fan of this kind of rock, but I see what you're going for. As for the mix, I'm missing the drums, especially the kick to nail things down and keep the groove from straying too much with the shredding. I miss vocals too, but that's not apparently what you were after with this. It's good for its genre.

Back