Goodbye Mr Pills (remix)

Ha! I think my issue was more prominent when I heard your tune. Glad you got it sorted better. :)

I had a cable from office pc go bad.

Did you update the mix?

I did, after doing that re-balancing I was talking about. I usually only ever run a single mix here. ;)

Hi Armistice, I remember this song. Nice clean guitar riffs and tone. Reminds me of Television. For me the guitars are loud relative to the vocals and drums. The only other thing I notice is that the drums are not driving the rhythm during the chorus as strongly as they might. Partly they are too low in volume, partly they are playing a fiddly syncopated thing (kick and snare) where they need to be laying down the beat.

Hey Robus - personally I think a lot of people mix their drums too loud. I slip my songs in amongst recorded and released tunes from commercial artists using similar instrumentation quite a lot when I'm driving around and generally I don't hear that they're too soft compared to other tunes - although it has been known to happen. I'm pretty happy with the various levels on this one but I'll do some more checking on the weekend seeing you've called it out - and also, we're just never going to agree on drum style, are we? We're coming from different musical standpoints. You'll be more comfortable with some of the stuff I'm doing now perhaps, which is simpler and straighter from beat perspective, but this one is older and is what it is and what it's meant to be in that department.

Thanks for the listen.

Sounds great man!

I have a tough time hearing the spoken word stuff from around 2:20 to 2:37. Maybe the accent guitar down in volume or add some low end to the soft words. Just my thoughts tho.

I really dig the tune! Well done man!

Back