Gigawatti, a pop tune.

Mix sounds good on my headphones - might up the toms a bit in volume but other than that it's good. :D:D:D:D

Sounds a little like Jan Hammer.
Yeah, the beginning reminded me of miami vice music :e
Not really my kind of music though, so i can't really say anything constructive about the mix etc.
I have to say i found the main melody rather aimlessly/unfocussed though.

@Witti007: Thanks very much for the nice words.
@ido1957: Thank you for the nice words, my mix skills ain't too good IMO.
@dr.SpringReverb: thank you for your comment. Sorry you didn't like it.

Last edited:
Nice composition. Good melodies. Mix is good. Little boomy in the 100-150Hz range. Could just be the bass pad sounds "pressure-y" to me. Don't know how else to describe that.
Really good stuff. Not my cup of tea either, but I could hear this looped in a kart race/Civ style game.

Nice composition. Good melodies. Mix is good. Little boomy in the 100-150Hz range. Could just be the bass pad sounds "pressure-y" to me. Don't know how else to describe that.
Really good stuff. Not my cup of tea either, but I could hear this looped in a kart race/Civ style game.
Thank you for the nice words and tips. I will probably try to improve this tune when I next have time and I will try your tips.

I thought the synths sounded nice. The synths, and the reverb, make the mix a real 80's sounding mix.

I thought you did a decent job with instrumentation to keep up listener interest. Tho' by the 3 minute mark, I was looking for the end.

The bass was just a wee bit rumbly. I think a tighter sounding bass would work better on a mix. I would think you could just roll off a few lows and it would improve the low end.

The drums are program-sounding.

I thought the synths sounded nice. The synths, and the reverb, make the mix a real 80's sounding mix.

I thought you did a decent job with instrumentation to keep up listener interest. Tho' by the 3 minute mark, I was looking for the end.

The bass was just a wee bit rumbly. I think a tighter sounding bass would work better on a mix. I would think you could just roll off a few lows and it would improve the low end.

The drums are program-sounding.
Thank you for your review and tips. When I get back to this tune I will try your tips. Drums I usually neglect for some reason.

Sorry I missed this one. I like this best of the ones I've heard so far. Very nice groove underneath. I'm not crazy about that lead synth patch on the left, but you vary it some. I do like that chiming bell synth that takes over a couple of time. It would still be nice to hear a section that wasn't a lead synth going all the time. Maybe something more ambient. You seem to be getting there right near the end.

I liked it. good melody and arrangement. One thing though, it sounds like there is some possible clipping and distortion in the bass frequencies.
cool tune musicbox.

I liked it. good melody and arrangement. One thing though, it sounds like there is some possible clipping and distortion in the bass frequencies.
cool tune musicbox.
Thank you for your comment Jimistone. I don't remember but I probably mixed this one poorly making some bass distortion. Nice that you liked it.

Back