Gay Boy - Greg_L original awesomeness

Awesome. Thanks for explaining that to me. Sometimes those happy accidents are the coolest little things. It makes sense now that it was feedback, but it was pretty subtle and I wasn't sure. Thanks for posting it by itself too.

Yes, funny how solos sound when they are, uh...solo. Yours sounds great, but definitely rougher and not as fluid as it does in context. Some of mine just sound totally non-musical unless you hear the backing instruments alongside, then they sound somewhat musical :).

Yeah I do the best I can but I never was a good lead player and don't care to get any better. I used to do 500 takes until it was totally perfect. Then several years ago I heard some raw solo tracks from Slash and Ace and Angus and they were a total mess. Lol. So I was like, fuck yeah I can slop my way through it too! I actually think it sounds better a little rough. Johnny Thunders is more fun to listen to than Ymgwie fatfuck Malmsteen.

Yeah I do the best I can but I never was a good lead player and don't care to get any better. I used to do 500 takes until it was totally perfect. Then several years ago I heard some raw solo tracks from Slash and Ace and Angus and they were a total mess. Lol. So I was like, fuck yeah I can slop my way through it too! I actually think it sounds better a little rough. Johnny Thunders is more fun to listen to than Ymgwie fatfuck Malmsteen.
sloppy playing is NOT a bad thing necessarily.
Those old guys with the brass bands in New Orleans have the most awesome sound and feel and they're sloppy as shit. Greg's heard those guys so I know he knows what I'm talking about.

And I know Greg hates Hendrix but he's a good example because he was also sloppy as hell but still burned and to this day players go, "How the hell did he come up with that?"

Lots of times when you have a fire in you for your music, you play on the edge of what you can do so it's gonna end up being sloppy. But the fire and intensity are there and THAT's what rock and roll is all about ..... energy .... fire ...... intensity.
Many of my fav players are a bit sloppy.

And most of the time when I hear something that's been tweaked to perfection I find myself not very interested halfway thru.

+1 for good music that's less than perfect

Last night, listened to House Party New Orleans Style by Dr Professor Longhair. Shambolic playing. Wonderful.

Yeah man, what everybody said. Great lyrics, great sound, drums sound especially great., mix is great. I wouldn't have noticed anything about the bass if it was mentioned, but yeah, I guess you can get a fuller sound....whatever. :)

Hey, as a side note....When you post the direct link to your tune like that in the OP, as soon as I turn the page to read other comments, the song stops. I wonder if there's a way to link so that the player opens in a separate page and you can still browse the thread.

Yeah man, what everybody said. Great lyrics, great sound, drums sound especially great., mix is great. I wouldn't have noticed anything about the bass if it was mentioned, but yeah, I guess you can get a fuller sound....whatever. :)

Hey, as a side note....When you post the direct link to your tune like that in the OP, as soon as I turn the page to read other comments, the song stops. I wonder if there's a way to link so that the player opens in a separate page and you can still browse the thread.
Thanks a lot Rami. I don't know about the song player thing. I suppose I could write shorter songs that end before you can change the page. :D

Thanks a lot Rami. I don't know about the song player thing. I suppose I could write shorter songs that end before you can change the page. :D

:D Lol.

There's got to be a way to put a link so that the player plays while you surf, rather than be imbedded in the page..... Anyway, it's cool. All it did was make me start over and listen from the beginning again. :)

Lol...great tune as usual Gerg. Too bad everyone knows you are gay now...well, after the time we spent walking through the desert in Arizona under the stars, smoking cigars and drinking cheap beer. :thumbs up:

I can't say anything about the mix, but the song is damn good. It might not be PC, but I think it is pretty damn cool!:thumbs up:

There's got to be a way to put a link so that the player plays while you surf, rather than be imbedded in the page..... Anyway, it's cool. All it did was make me start over and listen from the beginning again. :)

Yeah, I got frustrated by that too when people first started embedding that player in posts. It looks cool though and is convenient for people to just click and play.
With someone like Greg though, there's often like 10 pages of comments to read while listening, and as soon as you navigate away, the player stops. What I do now is just open a 2nd tab and use that to read other stuff while listening on the 1st tab.

Yeah, I got frustrated by that too when people first started embedding that player in posts. It looks cool though and is convenient for people to just click and play.
With someone like Greg though, there's often like 10 pages of comments to read while listening, and as soon as you navigate away, the player stops. What I do now is just open a 2nd tab and use that to read other stuff while listening on the 1st tab.
yeppers

...right click link then "open in new tab"(in firefox anyway sure other browsers have similar functionality)

"I don't want you using my backdoor"? "Keep in mind I hate the fuckin' queers"? I was hoping this was irony but it's kinda hard to brush off without knowing you personally. Don't know your true intention but might want to consider how this song might be taken. Clever lyrics either way.

Every things sounds pretty dead-on. Love the bass esp.

Punks aren't supposed to solo like that. Pretty bad-ass.

Lol...great tune as usual Gerg. Too bad everyone knows you are gay now...well, after the time we spent walking through the desert in Arizona under the stars, smoking cigars and drinking cheap beer. :thumbs up:

I can't say anything about the mix, but the song is damn good. It might not be PC, but I think it is pretty damn cool!:thumbs up:

An other #1 hit pumped out by the Greg Machine. :thumbs up:

Good work! Nicely done!

Thanks a lot guys. :)

...right click link then "open in new tab"(in firefox anyway sure other browsers have similar functionality)

"I don't want you using my backdoor"? "Keep in mind I hate the fuckin' queers"? I was hoping this was irony but it's kinda hard to brush off without knowing you personally. Don't know your true intention but might want to consider how this song might be taken. Clever lyrics either way.

Every things sounds pretty dead-on. Love the bass esp.

Punks aren't supposed to solo like that. Pretty bad-ass.

Thanks for checking it out. You misunderstood the lyrics though, and the intent. There's no hate or mention of hate.

Oh ok, yeah. Didn't bother to read the lyrics. My bad. I guess "ain't" sounded like "hate" when I was listening.

When I heard/read the lyrics, my spin on it was, "yea, if that is the way you roll, cool and there are good things you do because of who you are to that, but I don't bat that way." Then the final punch line, it is still what it is and I'm not going there. (I might have put too much thought into it, but that is what I got out of it)

When I heard/read the lyrics, my spin on it was, "yea, if that is the way you roll, cool and there are good things you do because of who you are to that, but I don't bat that way." Then the final punch line, it is still what it is and I'm not going there. (I might have put too much thought into it, but that is what I got out of it)

I thought the lyrics were pretty self-explanatory, not hateful at all, and since I've clarified even further, if someone still gets offended by it it's their fucking problem. So what's wrong with "I aint no fucking queer"? They call themselves queer. They have TV shows with "queer" in the title. "I'm here and I'm queer" is an old gay pride slogan, right? So I can't say it too? Is "queer" the same as the dreaded N-word now? You're only allowed to say it if you're one of them? I call bullshit on that. I can say whatever I want. It's just words.

Just open up another browser window and the player keeps playing Rami.

Good yob Greg! Funny ass tune

Back