Garage Band Live Recording

rats...

well then...thanks anyway...
if you still want to help me then check it out later...
I have nowhere else to post it

Peace...

PC

vocals sound low in volume.
Admittedly, when the music isn't steller, it is hard to achieve quality production results.
Things like the drums, suffer because the kit doesn't so decently tuned/tweaked in the first place. Same with the gtr sounds. If they don't sound decent in the first place, recording isn't that much of a magical experience to make them sound a lot better. I think for what you had to record, you probably did a half decent job.

Yeah- the vocals were too low.
You captured a nice warm moment around 1:40 - 1:53.

Nice job of recording with a VS880.

That's Monty's occasional weapon of choice.

Vocals sound scooped. I can hear high end in them but no articulation. Given the performance as a limiting factor, not a bad recording though.

Listening to Schizophrenia.

Yup.. vocals way too low..
Having it's a Sonic Youth cover in mind.. I can only say you did a very good job.. Anyone could fool me into believing this is a real SY-song..

Hey! thanx 4 the input

Thank you all guys for your replies...

I know the vocals are TOO low in volume, but the band members wanted them exactly like that, personally I like them more "in your face".

For drums, I had only one overhead...tried to figure out the best position 4 it. The Hi Hats sound a little distorted and I dont like it...

This is not the best of all the songs I recorded that day, but was the first to be mixed.

the bass player is awful, dynamics were terrible so it's overcompressed and well...there you go...

Thank you all again!

Peace...

PC

Back