Fun little ukulele version of "Fly Like an Eagle"

famous beagle

This is from a uke songbook for which I recorded all the audio. The melody (which is a little simplified at times) and song form were set, so I couldn't stray from those. But I had some fun with the accompaniment. :)

Attachments

• Fly Like an Eagle.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
the entire track minus the melody is L. first, i thought the drums sounded far in the back, then I realized what was going on. conscious decision? i mean, otherwise it sound great. just found it a little odd arrangement-wise. just my opinion

Yeah, I forgot to mention. They wanted it panned melody right and accompaniment left so that the user could isolate either.

Tonewise things sounded pretty nice.

The hard panning of everything sounds pretty weird on headphones/earbuds. Things bounce back and forth quite a bit.

Nice organ dude...no, I don't say that to all the boys! It sounds like a VSTi (no Leslie transitions), but it still sounds pretty nice.
Mix on the left sounds pretty okay to me.
Your right about the uke part being a bit boring, but you do what you get paid for, eh?

:' (
this was disappointing. i love ukulele and saw "ukulele" in the title and got all excited. but this sounds like "muzak"...almost midi instead of a real ukulele. i'm sorry. : (

i'm not even sure what to suggest because i never heard a ukulele sound this way. i guess if it's for a book a student won't mind the sound.

:' (
this was disappointing. i love ukulele and saw "ukulele" in the title and got all excited. but this sounds like "muzak"...almost midi instead of a real ukulele. i'm sorry. : (

i'm not even sure what to suggest because i never heard a ukulele sound this way. i guess if it's for a book a student won't mind the sound.

Sorry you didn't like it. I assure you it's a real uke. The book is just meant for people to play melodies on the uke. As I mentioned, I couldn't add any inflection to the melody or anything and had to play it straight.

In other news, though, since you're a big uke fan, I've written a book called "How to Play Solo Ukulele" and am recording the audio for it right now. It contains solo versions of songs, which I think are pretty cool. I'm planning on posting one or two of them here once I'm done with them, and I'll most likely film a video of one for my YouTube/Facebook page in hopes of helping promotion for the book.

Nice organ dude...no, I don't say that to all the boys! It sounds like a VSTi (no Leslie transitions), but it still sounds pretty nice.
Mix on the left sounds pretty okay to me.
Your right about the uke part being a bit boring, but you do what you get paid for, eh?

Thanks. Yes the organ is a VSTi. It is capable of very convincing Leslie speed manipulations, but I didn't add any for this song. Maybe I should have.

Sorry you didn't like it. I assure you it's a real uke. The book is just meant for people to play melodies on the uke. As I mentioned, I couldn't add any inflection to the melody or anything and had to play it straight.

In other news, though, since you're a big uke fan, I've written a book called "How to Play Solo Ukulele" and am recording the audio for it right now. It contains solo versions of songs, which I think are pretty cool. I'm planning on posting one or two of them here once I'm done with them, and I'll most likely film a video of one for my YouTube/Facebook page in hopes of helping promotion for the book.

that's awesome, and i will look it up.

Honestly, if someone said something I recorded professionally sounded like it was midi I would be highly complemented...midi stuff usually uses the best possible samples from highly competent, professionally recorded musicians. :D

Honestly, if someone said something I recorded professionally sounded like it was midi I would be highly complemented...midi stuff usually uses the best possible samples from highly competent, professionally recorded musicians. :D

So it's not so much a "fun little ukulele version" as it is a "clinical and professional little ukulele version"? :D

I guess that's another way to look at it. :)

Thanks!

Thanks. What do mean by "bounce back and forth" exactly?

The different musical parts are bouncing. One part is in one ear, another part is in another ear. The notes each part hit "bounce" back and forth from ear to ear. Some people might like it. So just take it as one person's opinion.

Sounds like this mix works perfectly for its intended purpose. The recording of the uke is really nice.

Back