Frittering Feedback

Listening to the original and yours, the guitars are much more upfront on the original and the reverb is used a lot different. The reverb you are using make it sound bad, so, work on the reverb in the voice (I would say it is less reverb that yours and more EQ filtering) his voice is very clear, yours you can't understand the words.

Good first try.

hey id did a bit more work on it, adjusting the reverbs on the vocals and a few other tweaks. it would be cool if someone could help me out and tell me what i can do to make this mix better. im teaching myself how to do this and its always good to get another persons perspective.

Great choice of cover. Loved Mercury Rev before they disappeared up their own cod-msytical hippy arses.

The playing sounds really good on the tune, but I think the mix is still quite unbalanced. In the section up to around 2.10, you've got the acoustic way out in front and vocals and electric guitar line somewhere too far behind. The guitars are just about on the right side of fizzy I think - you may already know this, but you always need less gain than you think when you're micing up an amp to record. Certainly less than when you're just playing - otherwise it ends up sounding like a bee inside a jar to borrow a phrase from the band themselves...

It was nice to hear this again though, took me back a little. Cheers ultrasound

The music sounds really good. I think the vocals are too subdued and hard to hear. Might be just remixing and bringing them up, unless that is what you were going for. Good luck.

hey thanks for the tips folks. tomorrow i have a day off so i will work on it some more and make the changes you said.

Ah poo. I was looking forward to a listen of this but the link seems to be broken. I'll just have to wait until you're done with the changes. :)

Back