Friendly Rain

Sorry, I'm not really feeling it. Very programatic and robotic. I might be lost on the genre, but it doesn't seem to have any real expression or emotion. Very forgettable.

For the mix, a few tweaks wouldn't hurt. One being, I think the drums could fill out the sonic space a bit. They can come up a little more and add some needed energy.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way. Just trying to give my thoughts in a constructive manner.

Cheers,

Sounds like it's from The Breakfast Club soundtrack. Maybe that's what you want. I can hear English dudes singing over the chorus. Actually, I instantly composed a chorus melody. Yeah. That happened.

Drums sound far back and washed out.

Sorry, I'm not really feeling it. Very programatic and robotic. I might be lost on the genre, but it doesn't seem to have any real expression or emotion. Very forgettable.

For the mix, a few tweaks wouldn't hurt. One being, I think the drums could fill out the sonic space a bit. They can come up a little more and add some needed energy.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way. Just trying to give my thoughts in a constructive manner.

Cheers,
Thanks for the comment. I don't take this badly. I just did the same thing I usually do. I do something pretty quickly and then I don't wait til next day to listen it more critically and then I notice the flaws after I already sent it to the web. Although sometimes I don't notice flaws even next day. I should be more critical on my tunes but it doesn't happen too often

Sounds like it's from The Breakfast Club soundtrack. Maybe that's what you want. I can hear English dudes singing over the chorus. Actually, I instantly composed a chorus melody. Yeah. That happened.

Drums sound far back and washed out.
Thanks for the comment. I didn't think about any kind of movie music. I did some improvised humming and then I transfered it to my DAW.

I should be more critical on my tunes but it doesn't happen too often
That is probably because you enjoy the creativity part too much, and that's what it should be about.
Make music and enjoy doing so... :)

Thanks for sharing your tune.

That is probably because you enjoy the creativity part too much, and that's what it should be about.
Make music and enjoy doing so... :)

Thanks for sharing your tune.
Thanks again. Actually I am critical about my tunes but I usually realize the flaws on my tunes only after I have sent them to various music sites and then it is kind of too late. I guess I really like to make tunes and then upload them amazed that I was able to create something. Now I am away from home for a week so I cannot try to improve the newest tune.

I had to check, and you are the person I said sounded like it could be a soundtrack. The same goes for this tune. It's calm and very demo.

The two things I'd say you should do when recording is think flow and sounds. It could help you tremendously.

With sounds, I've done exactly what you do. I like a sound and stick with it. However, when I hear one sound clashing with another, I do one of two things, change the worst sounding sound, or create two tracks and remove one sound in part and use another that doesn't clash.

For flow, just sit back and really listen to what you've recorded and how you envision it. You'll see you have flow holes that a little tweaking will remedy. Plus, it'll make you a stronger songwriter.

Nice pieces of music.

Not my thing musically, but the melody instruments were ok.

The biggest thing I'd address is the rhythm - both the drums and bass. The snare sample is pretty weak and thwappy. The kick didn't have much power and neither did the bass. There just needs to be more pulse from the rhythm.

I had to check, and you are the person I said sounded like it could be a soundtrack. The same goes for this tune. It's calm and very demo.

The two things I'd say you should do when recording is think flow and sounds. It could help you tremendously.

With sounds, I've done exactly what you do. I like a sound and stick with it. However, when I hear one sound clashing with another, I do one of two things, change the worst sounding sound, or create two tracks and remove one sound in part and use another that doesn't clash.

For flow, just sit back and really listen to what you've recorded and how you envision it. You'll see you have flow holes that a little tweaking will remedy. Plus, it'll make you a stronger songwriter.

Nice pieces of music.

Thank you for the tips. I will try to use them

Not my thing musically, but the melody instruments were ok.

The biggest thing I'd address is the rhythm - both the drums and bass. The snare sample is pretty weak and thwappy. The kick didn't have much power and neither did the bass. There just needs to be more pulse from the rhythm.

Thank you for your tips. I try to use them when I get back home

Back