Fortunate son

BCF1

Did a cover of CCR Fortunate Son, took a few liberties with it. Added a guitar solo after the interlude then capped it with the interlude again before hittin the last verse and then a snappy little ending to wrap it up. Not overly Metal but a little chunky. Just noticed the bass might be a little boomy or undefined. Shit..............Anyway all comments welcomed. Thanks BCF1

https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/25893861-fortunate-son

Very good energy to the song.

Decent grit to the song. You could probably get away with a bit more bite to the guitars.

A pretty faithful rendition to the original except for the shred solo. I liked that. Good playing.

I would get rid of the vocal treatment. I'd keep it quite dry. I'm assuming you can't take the vocal up an octave? The great thing about the original is the raw, screaming singing. That's the biggest thing missing in this version. And to anyone who isn't familiar with the original, look it up on youtube. CCR was a great band IMO.

If you could get some more urgency/rawness in the vocal and the rhythm guitar, I think this would be a pretty damn good mix.

the vocal processing is the only thing I didn't care much for... i'd go drier too. nice playing all around.

Guitars sound pretty awesome. Everything sounds great, very precise. Mix sounds pretty flawless to me. You might not be getting a lot of comments because there's not really much to comment on!

Very good energy to the song.

Decent grit to the song. You could probably get away with a bit more bite to the guitars.

A pretty faithful rendition to the original except for the shred solo. I liked that. Good playing.

I would get rid of the vocal treatment. I'd keep it quite dry. I'm assuming you can't take the vocal up an octave? The great thing about the original is the raw, screaming singing. That's the biggest thing missing in this version. And to anyone who isn't familiar with the original, look it up on youtube. CCR was a great band IMO.

If you could get some more urgency/rawness in the vocal and the rhythm guitar, I think this would be a pretty damn good mix.

Thanks for the input !!! I was wondering about how the vocal would be viewed/heard/tolerated as I'm not much of a singer. When I tried taking it up an octave I suffer the Peter Brady effect : https://youtu.be/DyooALwfxO8?t=1m43s

the vocal processing is the only thing I didn't care much for... i'd go drier too. nice playing all around.

Yeah I'm still fighting the insecurity I have with my vocals and most often try to hide them in a mass of treatment that usually makes things worse . I will clean it up as you guys suggest and maybe take another shot all together at uping the urgency and intensity factor. the vocal was what I was most curious about.

Thank you

Guitars sound pretty awesome. Everything sounds great, very precise. Mix sounds pretty flawless to me. You might not be getting a lot of comments because there's not really much to comment on!

Thank you
wasn't trying to whine for some attention but as mentioned above was curious about how the vocal came across.

I appreciate the critique you guys. Thanks Again

Back