Foolish

I REALLY like the song supercreep. Very good lyrics! I like the groove and Love the mandolin intro. Great harmony on the vocal. I think it's a really good song. If I had to nit pick....
On the chorus I think after the word "decide" there needs to be some space before "we build our towers". I like the way you go straight into the next line in the chorus but I think you should pause there and let the first lines of the chorus sink in ...let it breath a bit so to speak. I think that would really make it jell nicely and give you more dramatic effect.
The other nit is the drums sound like they are in a different space than the rest of the band. They sound good but they don't mesh that well. The bass drum isn't meshing well with the bass guitar...sonically. The snare is too midrangey and in my opinion needs some eq to remove a little low/mid and home in on the frequency that gives it more snap.

These are just minor nits and really a matter of personal preference.
Good song bro!

Good solid songwriting. I like your stuff. Only listened on my "Super hi fi" HP vs15 computer monitor speakers, so I cannot really comment on mix stuff, but the song came across well.

Underlined is sarcasm:rolleyes:

Excellent song.
I worried about the mando intro until I realized it was meant to sound like it was in a room & the other mando stuff sounds right in the mix.
The chorus, (I am foolish can you...) cymbal bell hits (am I right) are a bit harsh and almost mask the beginning of the word that follows.
the harshness may be MP3 compression etc but even so they are a tad loud.
Clever lyrics, short & sweet track.
It may be my headphones but it's all a little bright/

Last night I was listening to this on phones, at the house. I listened to it tonight in my studio, on speakers, and I was wrong about the drums...they sound great and sit well in the mix.

The mix leans a bit bright ... and by a bit, I mean quite a bit. It's got a shiny sheen to it.

That could be tamed a bit and it wouldn't hurt. :)

The material and performances are absolute killer. Great stuff, bud.

I'm with Kevin. Love the song, but could lose a little sizzle without hurting anything.
Great voice. I always like hearing your stuff!

Kit sounds more or less the same as Rainbow... that I just listened to, but on this the snare sound fits better I think.

Killer vocals again. Maybe a bit drier on this one which was a nice choice.

There's so many great overlapping rhythms going on at times with everything you have going on in this mix. It flows really well.

There's a little break towards the end where I wanted to hear the guitar take off just a little sooner? There's just some chords for a bit (starting at 1:48 - or is that keys? I can't even tell lol), then a riff or two before that section ends. I wanted to hear some riffs immediately, but maybe I'm just impatient. :)

The mix leans a bit bright ... and by a bit, I mean quite a bit. It's got a shiny sheen to it.

That could be tamed a bit and it wouldn't hurt. :)

The material and performances are absolute killer. Great stuff, bud.

I'm with Kevin. Love the song, but could lose a little sizzle without hurting anything.
Great voice. I always like hearing your stuff!

Thanks, we will clean up the HF a little bit on this one.

I just had a good listen on equator d-5s. Still love the tune, but have some mix observations.

The middle sounds very round and warm. This is in stark contrast to the highs which seem hard panned.
( mandolins, cymbals etc.)

It didn't actually seem on my setup to have too much high end. It was more like the highs were too wide in the stereo field and a bit too loud compared to the warm middle.

I am not sure if you even need to eq, but just bring it down and in a bit....just a tad, almost unnoticeable.

That you singing?? great voice, phrasing. Damn near pro.:D

Overall, great mix.

I just had a good listen on equator d-5s. Still love the tune, but have some mix observations.

The middle sounds very round and warm. This is in stark contrast to the highs which seem hard panned.
( mandolins, cymbals etc.)

It didn't actually seem on my setup to have too much high end. It was more like the highs were too wide in the stereo field and a bit too loud compared to the warm middle.

I am not sure if you even need to eq, but just bring it down and in a bit....just a tad, almost unnoticeable.

That you singing?? great voice, phrasing. Damn near pro.:D

Overall, great mix.

Thanks, I think I see what you mean. We will check it out, thanks! Yeah, that's me singing. :shrugs:

Yeah? a shrug? That's what you think of your voice? How modest, must be British. Well, you are welcome at any time to do vocals on my tunes.

Good song...very well done.

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is hearing it....but it has somewhat of a Styx/Supertramp mash-up kind of vibe.
Not to mention...there's also some kind of symmetry there...Supercreep --- Supertramp. :)

Great song!!!!!. A hit! This is where I wish I could be a producer lol/ When the chorus comes, I would add 2 guitars panned hard left and hard right with a a touch of gain and very bright. It would really lift the chorus even more! The vocals are stellar! 2nd half of the 2nd verse put an organ underneath just to give it more interest.
Like someone else else more attention to the kick and bass meshing and the snare doesn't have enough pop to it.
Great job. I would buy this!!!! you get a standing ovation from me!

Back