First try recording! Check it out!

luist

We used a friend's Rode NT1-A to try it out.
We are going to buy a condenser microphone but not sure what one yet. Since we only tested the NT1-A, if someone have any suggestions, they are very welcome.

Any tips about the recording? Our style is something like Boyce Avenue, basically with some vocal and acoustic guitar for now.

Yeah i didn't post the accoustic guitar part. I'm more worried about the the microphone we are going to buy. Thinking also of AT4040 and Shure SM7B. They are a bit more expensive but seem to be worth it...

Listening to your style, I think the 4040 suits you better. The SM7B wouldn't sound too great on acoustic guitar, I would imagine.

Microphone is just 1 thing you need. Do you have an audio interface? What DAW are you using? Got headphones? Monitors?

Microphone is just 1 thing you need. Do you have an audio interface? What DAW are you using? Got headphones? Monitors?

I'm buying the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as the audio interface.
I have Logic Pro... i love it

My headphones are a little colored.. Sony MDR-1R. Not sure if they are going to be any useful for this.
But as monitors, I'll be using my home theater speakers for a while... a pair of AE EVO 3. They are not really monitors but are quality speakers with clear sound.

Guys, check the result of this tryout. I used just the DI guitar track. The guitar track recorded with the mic had many problems.

Any advices? Is it good considering the recording quality?

Last edited:
Hey guys! We've finally managed to record with the new mic, the AT4040 and the scarlet 2i2. I think the AT4040 sounded really smooth.

It's very simple for now, while we're learning everything. Do you guys have any comments/advice? :)

/watch?v=vy8zbXGgxRk

Yes. Post in the MP3 clinic. Not here.

Learn how to post a link. If you want actual feedback, learn how to post a sound file, not a video.

And if you're just harvesting hits for your video, as you probably are, it's going to be lean pickings from here.

Sorry for that... since it was already in youtube i though it would be easier, then to upload it to soundcloud.
That was not the intention.
There we go!

Back