First time using Lepou Sims

zipline7020

So this is my first time using lepou or any free wares for that matter. The guitar used was a schecter hotrod 39 with a GFS Power rail in the bridge.I have recently changed the strings, but I found out after putting them on, that the music store sold me D'addario jazz strings instead of regular electric guitar strings. I don't know how much effect its having on the tone.

I used the lepou lecto model with a random free impulse of a mesa cab w/ sm57 I found in a google search, the tse 808 lite, and a noise gate. My DAW is Reaper.

For bass, I used an octave with my guitar, and used the Ola method to recording bass at home, with the 2 tracks and distortion.
Drums were from Sennheiser's Drummica. They're premixed, and theres not a lot of options within the program find the sound you want. but hey, its free!

I'm hoping to add vocals once I can find a good room to make it part of a demo for an album.

This is as loud as I could get it without too much compression. I also used a little multi band.

Ive seen youtube clips of lepou sims and they sound utterly amazing , and they're loud, punchy, and just ridiculously good. So any help on improving this would be great!

View attachment Le Pou Lecto Trial1.mp3

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 11.37.31 PM.png

I don't think the guitar octave bass thing is all effective.. Overall it sounds like there is too much gain on the guitars. Its sorta got that fizzy thing happening. The bass thing is not that easy to solve.. I ended up using prominy sr5. You may be able to find a free one (VSTI), or maybe borrow a bass or buy an inexpensive one and try olas method (with a real bass)

Don't know what your budget is but kinda sounds like you might be on a tight one (or you just like free/cheap stuff... me too).

Support

check out these drums. they are free and you might be able to tweak more

Also, what are you using multiband compression for? In my experience i've found thats a tool for very specefic solutions.. using it to try to get louder etc has usually just hurt my mixes

Back