First time together piece...

Birdhouse

This is a live recording done with a direct input on the bassline and a single Behringer B2-Pro mic set to a omni pattern. I use an M-Audio Mobile-Pre and a 1.6 ghz Compaq laptop running Vegas.

There's three of us here, and the drummer was over for an audition. This is our first time together and his first time hearing this melody.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Could you possibly post a higher quality mp3? 64kbps tend to sound very washed out, and this one does as well.

The groove is nice. Has a vintage Santana feel. Certainly given the equipment you list, the recording quality is not as bad as I would have expected. I'd love to hear a vocal over this. 6-minute guitar jams need a lot of structure with frequent changes to hold together well. Good effort, though. Keep it up.

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll post some higher bit-rated mp3's when I get the chance.

We've discussed putting some vocals on this song but may leave it as is. We do it a little shorter live, more like 4 minutes. About half of our stuff is instrumental and it grooves so when we're in the studio they get epic at times. 10 - 12 minutes! lol

It's all music. :cool:

Back