First piano track

StarOcean27

Hi, just finished this recording yesterday and wanted to post it here for comment, feedback, whether good or bad, am open to all. Leave a comment on Soundcloud. I am uploading more so keep checking back. Thanks. ;)

http://snd.sc/1ky7P9V

Last edited:
Wow! Very well done. There are some Elton John-esque sounds going on here (not sure if that was your intent). I hear a lot of feeling after the 3:15 break. A lot of heart and emotion in the playing there.
Can you tell me about the instrument you used? It sounds like it's electric, but in spots, I can hear stereo that could only be achieved by a V mic setup under the hood of a grand. Either a very nice e-piano, or the recording made a grand sound electric. Either way, I'm interested. sounds amazing.

Very nice mix...how many tracks?

I like how the bass notes are panned to the left the lead to slightly to the right and the chords kind of center left

Very nice mix...how many tracks?

I like how the bass notes are panned to the left the lead to slightly to the right and the chords kind of center left

Just one stereo track was used in the recording. Sometime it's just how the plugin pans the stereo width sample. Other time you just have tweak it from there. :)

But it might depend on your entire signal chain - preamp, EQ, reverb used, etc. if you're looking for a better sound. For this piano it was through a Apogee Duet.

Last edited:
Back