The Fire (Heavy)

Sounds like your off to a good start with it ! It'll b interesting to hear the finished product. Good job so far

Finding the whole thing very AM-radio high EQ-loud. The cymbals are ringing away like noise. The bass is very low in volume Have you hi-passed the guitars at a fairly high frequency or is it a master EQ setting? Good song, just not fond of the sound.

Finding the whole thing very AM-radio high EQ-loud. The cymbals are ringing away like noise. The bass is very low in volume Have you hi-passed the guitars at a fairly high frequency or is it a master EQ setting? Good song, just not fond of the sound.

Im using a limiter on the main buss to max the volume, just because people seems to react if the volume is to low compared to radio stuff. Im using paralell compressing on the drums (slow release) hence the crashsound I guess? The guitars isnt well enough recorded I recon because it's hard to get the eq right. Im using high pass but not on a very high frequency,

---------- Update ----------

The cymbals are wishy washy.

The guitars aren't very heavy.

Thanks! I will try to change that.

I think you'd be a mile/kilometer ahead with this one if you cut some of the high end on the left and right guitars. They're distracting right now, the same way that a cymbal or high hat is distracting when it's too bright. The whole mix is too high end blitzy, but if you dialled down the two guitar parts, it would clear up a lot, I think. You might not even stop there...

I think you'd be a mile/kilometer ahead with this one if you cut some of the high end on the left and right guitars. They're distracting right now, the same way that a cymbal or high hat is distracting when it's too bright. The whole mix is too high end blitzy, but if you dialled down the two guitar parts, it would clear up a lot, I think. You might not even stop there...

Thanks! I've put up a new version, with less high end. Don't know if there is much difference?

Back