Finished track opinioon

Sounds good to me. There were a few small moments where her vocal got a little quieter, but I still understood the words, so maybe it's supposed to be like that. I don't know the first thing about mixing this kind of vocal though. Was definitely a great performance.

Refusing to comment because I don't know the first thing about mixing this type of material...

but i wanted to say that it sounds excellent! nice work, hope you get some comments on this type of genre.

Thx for replying to this.

It's kind a hobby for me and i just like it when it sounds nice. Yes i noticed 2 times when vocals get little quieter, but it isn't a huge mistake, so i decide to left it that way.
I'm very happy that starters like me can get help like this on this forum, and hear comments like this. Keep up the good work :)

That's a good mix. I don't hear any issues.
Compositionly, it would be nice to have a timpani or something come in at some point to give some rhythm component. I hear something in the last 30 seconds briefly, but it would be nice to have that earlier providing accents, drama, etc.

I'm not sure where the backing track came from but the piano is pretty average and plonky - and you can't change anything? That's because it's just you singing against a backing track, right?

I listened to this because, even though I hate musicals with a passion, Julie Covington nailing "and as for fortune and as FOR FAME" is a "hairs on the back of the neck" moment in music, but I felt nothing at all when you got there - I had to go track down the Julie version to see if I was remembering correctly. I was.

You clearly have a set of lungs and pipes that most would kill for but I'd say in places you're over-singing a little and in others you're under-singing and there are some pronunciation issues here (ie. "my mad existence" is missing the "sssss" at the end) and there. I get it. Croatia. Not your native language. But...

It's a song of great subtlety, and in one spot, picked more or less at random, where there's nuance and a plaintive air in the original ("You won't believe me, all you will see is a girl you once knew"), in those words you're a little powerful and the emotion inherent in the words is lost - and I came away from the whole thing thinking "competent" where I wanted to think "transcendent".

There's a place or two where the vocal could come up a little, but mainly the levels are good.

I feel strange critiquing someone who can sing far better than most could ever hope to, but you're attempting the classics here - this is a hard, hard song, so I hope you take my criticism in the spirit it's meant.

Feel completely free to ignore me.:thumbs up:

I'm not sure where the backing track came from but the piano is pretty average and plonky - and you can't change anything? That's because it's just you singing against a backing track, right?

I listened to this because, even though I hate musicals with a passion, Julie Covington nailing "and as for fortune and as FOR FAME" is a "hairs on the back of the neck" moment in music, but I felt nothing at all when you got there - I had to go track down the Julie version to see if I was remembering correctly. I was.

You clearly have a set of lungs and pipes that most would kill for but I'd say in places you're over-singing a little and in others you're under-singing and there are some pronunciation issues here (ie. "my mad existence" is missing the "sssss" at the end) and there. I get it. Croatia. Not your native language. But...

It's a song of great subtlety, and in one spot, picked more or less at random, where there's nuance and a plaintive air in the original ("You won't believe me, all you will see is a girl you once knew"), in those words you're a little powerful and the emotion inherent in the words is lost - and I came away from the whole thing thinking "competent" where I wanted to think "transcendent".

There's a place or two where the vocal could come up a little, but mainly the levels are good.

I feel strange critiquing someone who can sing far better than most could ever hope to, but you're attempting the classics here - this is a hard, hard song, so I hope you take my criticism in the spirit it's meant.

Feel completely free to ignore me.:thumbs up:

Thx for replying mate .A good criticism will eventually produce better music ( i hope so ).

Thx for your time :)

Back