Finally, they posted my song...

so tubedoodie CAN record, and write too excellent stuff, maybe you can have a pig fight with that mixmkr guy and settle your disputes that way
good stuff for a kentucky boy, real good
sure is old though, anything new?

The only problem I see, is the Bass guitar isn't "bassy" enough for me....and I would like the cymbals either a bit lower in the mix and a bigger verb on the kit. (I like the cymbals to be fairly low in the mix.)

Actually, he sounds more like the guy to Disturbed to me, than Creed.

Hey, is the Local band "Creed" still around in Louisville? Hahaha

It reminds my of Tool in certain sections.

I like it a lot actually.

and I like ths snare, it just doesn't have quite enough body to it, and it is a bit "splatty" sounding.

Tim

Geez guys, talk about raising the dead, again...
I'm rather surprised the mp3.com link still works, really, its rather old.
Pig wrestling, heh... funny shit. I still like this song though, although it seems a tad slow to me now. Not much I can say at this point about the production as it was quite a long time ago. I do remember the 409's on the toms and guitar, beta 57 on the snare, RE20 in the kick.. cant rem the overheads... vocals were a TLM-103 into a Focusrite Red compressed to hell. Other specifics are pretty much lost.
Thanks for digging it up, though, kinda neat to read the replies again.
New stuff some day soon, I hope. Been a long time.

I'm sure glad they did....I was a newbie at the time so I missed this. Very cool. Good drums....both sound and playing (sequencing?).....and a good guitar sound....good vocals....geez, this is a nice production all around. I'll have to go see what else of yours is around. BTW.....I really like that almost irish-jig sort of bounce you have in the rhythm...really cool.

"Irish-jig sort of bounce..." Umm, ok. Whats THAT mean? :)

No sequencing on the drums whatsoever.

Thanks for the compliment!

Nice! Nice! Nice!

This is good stuff! I did not read every post so if you slid a song in on me in the middle I am only talking about the first one on the thread.

I just got DSL so I am loving being able to hear everyones stuff finaly! I like the song alot. The vocals sound good, the singer seems a little quick on the build up in spots going from mellow to hard. could drag it out a little more and be a hair more dynamic. That's just personal taste on technique and has nothing to do with the recording of the song. Being a singer with a low voice I just think of what I would do (cause it would be cool to sing this song:D)

I think Ed was right about the ring of the snare, maybe a bit more tward the Korn sound would be nice. Don't get me wrong I would kill to have a drum sound like you have on this! That goes for the whole song & mix. I have alot of work to do and money to spend to get to this point. mostly work to do:D

Great stuff man!!

F.S.

Well, I didn't read through all the posts, so I will just say the following in hope of not being too repetative.

That sounds GREAT!! I like it. I'm too tired to study the lyrics, but the overall sound is very good. It kept me wanting to listen.

Great job tube dude :)

Tubedude,

Great song, really like the bass lines and guitar sound. The heavy syncopation in the chorus rocks.

No complaint. Like others have said, I'd like to hear some other stuff.

Baymo.

Tubedude,
Great song.Good sound and although it is Creed-esque.Creed couldn't hold a candle to this IMO.If Creed decided to get real they might write one song like this.Very enjoyable listen.Good production.Singer is talented and the musicianship is definately there.Great effort.Looking forward to more.Decent drum sound,maybe a little low in the mix.

I had this big long thread talking about mix stuff and then realized you couldn't tweak it anymore! Bummer.

The singer is good. He may have a voice like everyone else but that stuff is what sells. It seems like the record industry is looking for these days is not the next and newest but the most like the best band of the time.

Anyway, I get a less of a Creed vibe from this and more of a Bush/Perfect Circle vibe. Oh yeah I downloaded your song!

GREAT SONG!!

Beezoboy

Last edited:
great vocals, dude!!!
everythin's played tight, lyrics r cool, and the song is 5stars! did I mentioned great vocals? the vocals are f****n amazing!
great work man!!

Back