Finally, they posted my song...

I've tried to DL this 3 times with the same result: the DL never even starts and my connection goes whacky (dial-up). Have to totally disconnect and reconnect. This has started to happen to me at MP3.com in the past several months. It seems to be specific files... a lot of times it happens at 98% or 99% completed (grrrrrr) and it's 100% reproducable. Only MP3.com does this. Sorry I wasn't able to check it out.

Posted another one....

I posted another one, I guess it'll be up soon....
No vocals, and a different approach to the guitars. See if you can tell me how I did it.... winner gets to buy me dinner.

Drums..

tubedude, what compressor did you use on the drums? I like how the snare sits in the mix, Nice work.

Joemix... that drum compression was the compressor that comes with ProTools, the plug-in... they weren't as compressed as you might think... that drummer hits like he wants to kill. As a matter of fact, he tried to kill me that very same day.
Ray J... Glad you like it, thanks for the compliment. I hope to have more stuff soon...

Paul

This is good

Yep, this track rock's to the bone. Get you an unique singer my man and your on your way, this guy sings way to much in the way of Creed. But make no mistake he's does Creed better than Creed I think. Your music beats to a different drummer though, and would kick some major arse with that one of a kind singer. I just recorded some college kids few wks back and liked most of their stuff but the singer had just listened to, to much Creed, (he wasn't as good as this guy though). Yeah the whispering part needed to come up in the mix a tad, but that's my only suggestion. I thought everything else was excellent...Great work and looking forward to hearing more.

Great tune, great recording. If I was to do anything I'd bring the drums up a bit on the distorted parts. They are plenty loud enough on the clean parts, but get a little lost on the distorted sections. I'm a big fan of a huge drum sound. I think you could achieve that with a little 'verb and bringing up the teeniest bit. The guitars sound awesome. Bass soudns good, and I don't even know what you could do, but maybe a little "unfull", maybe a little delay? The whispering part should come up. Sorry, but I think the singer soudns like Creed too, but that doesn't even matter. Creed isn't THAT bad. Sure they are hugely overrated, and don't play these incredible songs, but they aren't BAD songs by any means, and the performance is good too. Now that was a dman long sentence.

Jake

God, I LOVE you guys....
I got so much negativity over this song at a BAND website... other bands, competition type thing... they would totally down everything, and then talk about how thier stuff was right, and how mine should/ could be more like thiers. I'd listen to theirs and it just seemed like 2 part songs with one chord per part with no melody of any kind, and I thought maybe there was something wrong with me.
Maybe they were all just jealous, but they had me down about it. I really like the song and I was kinda proud of its arrangement, and EVERYBODY else at this site hated it, said I was ripping off everyone from Creed to whoever, (cept this 17 year old chick in New York that wants to come here with her friends and hear us... what would YOU do? ;) ... ).
I guess everyone just wanted to win the damn thing or something, and wanted to down everyone else to make themselves look better. Thats just not my game, I just want people to enjoy it as much as I do, and maybe feel a little of what I feel. I didn't ever want to win it, I just wanted honest opinions... maybe I'm finally getting them. At least I hope so :)
That contest was worth $10,000 by the way. My take was $2000. Not bad for a days work.

Ok, joking, I didnt win, but it was fun saying it. :)

Pardon this post, by the way... I've been, ummm.. buzzing.
Peace,
Paul

Good tune Tubedude

Yeah, yeah, I could pick this apart, but what's the point. This is a good tune. I can see how Creed reference came about. I like the snare sound, overtones and all, it's different than the "norm" which is good. Looking forward to hearing the next one.

NIce

Hey, thats pretty awesome! Well written, jams hard, well recorded, good dynamics, good musicians...
What were your eq settings? That Sonus dude has one on here that sounds pretty damn good too.... you guys rock...
Kinda sounds a TAD like creed though

Maggalota Juicy

Juicy...

Juicy maggot... mmmm, sounds tasty, makes my mouth water ;) Maybe with a good wine...
Those EQ settings are long lost my friend... I know there was some mid cutting going on all over the place, and there was some removal around 315 or so, one of my favorite places to cut some freqs... other than that, its been too long to remember something like that. I'd be lucky if I can still play the damn song! :)
Maybe Sonus will let loose his eq settings on that song he's posted, sounds real good.
Peace,
Paul

Sounds great. I can't believe you're 17, now I feel really old. Such a tasteful guitar in the clean parts, but by far my favorite part is that devastating riff in the chorus.

I agree that the snare could be tighter and pingier. I also think the kick sounds a little puffy, it could be a little clickier and rounder.

My main critique, if you want to hear it, is with the actual song. On the pre-chorus, that descending heavy guitar part, I want the guitar, the vocals, or both to go up in pitch, or for it to disappear completely. There's just something that doesn't work about that part to me. For fun, I did an edit of your song, going straight from the end of the verse into the chorus, and I liked it more, your mileage may vary. Check out the attachment... Maybe it's just me, anyway it wouldn't hurt to try it out if you're in Pro Tools, just save as a new session....

Attachments

• tubedude_dunno_edit.mp3
    93.2 KB · Views: 29
Hmmm..

Yeah, that definatly busts it straight in your face, for sure. Pretty cool that you did that though, never woulda thought.
I'd like to hear someone turn it into a dance song somehow, or put some hip hop drums and stuff to it, chop it all up, make a remix.... nothing hurts my feelings, its all a creative process. :)
Its an idea, for sure, but I'm so used to the other way, that I dont know wether I like it that way or not... be kinda cool to hear start to finish that way, I might dig it.
I always wanted to have a descending vocal line with the part that you cut, too, or maybe a tad bit more aggressive and choppy.
If you get bored, play around with it. Add a part of your own or something!
Peace,
Paul
By the way, the 17 age part was a joke....

mp3.com

Hey, its taking forever to get my other post up that I want everyone to hear. Whats up with those guys at mp3.com? What exactly are they listening FOR before they post it? Geez...
Paul

I like it ..............................................========----keep-it ^^^^^u^u^p^p^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey TD! Song rocks!! Love it! Lots of potential. I think you would benefit from some good verbs on just about everything.

Recorded on PT eh? *grin* wicket idea here - how do you back up your data? CDR? CD? DataDAT? - you cold send me the data and I'll do one as well?

The only thing that distracted me was the amount of volume change in the chorus. Did you have a compressor on the whole song? It sounded weird. I also dig the edit that was made. I think you should run with that. The whole "Creed" reference can be taken as a compliment, cause I like this song better than creed's stuff.

Peace love and chicken,
Mike

There were a few tracks that were compressed, but the entire thing wasnt. It was meant to be a rough demo, which it is, and I was short on time and patience. We wanted to listen to it, and then mess with it later. Later never came. I might throw it in Wavelab and smash it a little.
Sjoko... that has got to be the most awesome offer ever, but alas, the tracks are tossed... it was just a rough demo, and didnt seem like a keeper at the time. The tempo fluctuates and everything. We didnt click track it, and alot was 1st takes. I will hold you to the offer eventually though! :)
Thanks all,
Paul

Grrrrrrrrrrr Tube baby! Pro Tools..........Time Alignment?? Easy fix!
NEVER throw roughs away. In all my years, the 2 most important lessons:

1. Always push record and play - even if its just a rehearsal or 'getting sounds'.

2. Never get rid of demo's and roughs - 'coz there is a chance that it might just be the shit.

Example? Just one. Radar Love, GE had been touring non-stop, not enough new songs ready. Were in the studio, drums sounded awful, so we got the live console and mic's out and hooked it up as a sidechain to run drums and bass through. Pushed record on getting sounds, told them to keep going, that was B & D for Radar Love, just a soundcheck.

nice

When I was 17 (1985)......How come my Tascam 246 (4 tracker) didn't sound anything near this.......wow. The chix still dug it though :)

Tube, awesome!!!!! Sounded great on my cheeze PC speakers at work! Can't imagine how good it would sound at home. I'm not expert enough to offer any criticism...hell I am definately not a Creed fan yet thoroughly enjoyed the tune.

Help a PC rookie? What is your equipment list (the essentials)?

Back