Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, they posted my song...

tubedude is offline Been Here, Posted That
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok, MP3.com finally posted it after a week.
    Heres the scoop, and I won't make TOO many excuses. I'm a tad weird about people hearing my stuff, cause I'm kinda, well sensitive to my own music. This song has been majorly compared to Creed, which is good or bad, depending on how you look at it. I hate it, since I wrote this BEFORE the Creed revolution. The main reason I think, is my buddy Brians voice. He is a stand in, he wrote the lyrics and everything in about an hour, and then we went and shot them in 3 takes and comped, so... you get the picture. Still not bad though. Hes a good rock singer, really. Just made my song sound like Creed, dammnit!
    Lets see... I got to use a good Focusrite preamp/compressor and a Neumann on the vocals,.. they are compressed to hell and back, 3 takes.
    Guitars are double miked with a beta57 and a Sennheiser. I used a Mesa Quad for dirty, and a Mashall $50 combo with 10 inch speaker for the clean sound, believe it or not.
    Bass is direct, and it got screwed up at the very beginning trying to move transients around (bassist jumped the gun, and we tried to fix it instead of taking another take... all for fun) at the beginning, so you can kinda hear the sustain happen almost BEFORE the note, oh well... fattened it up with Antares Mic modeler and the warmth control.
    Drums have Sennheisers all the way around.
    As for the mix, its not bad for a 1/2 days tweaking, the dirty guitars come in a tad too loud, the whispering in the middle is too low, and I think thats all I'll bitch about for now. Let me know what you think.... please be gentle! This song WAS well practiced, without the singer, but somehow it ends up getting faster towards the end.
    Oh, and I didnt have a band name or a song name, so I called it Tubedude, and the song "i dunno".
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/243/tubetude.html
    Peace!
    Paul

Dolemite is offline Force of Nature
    Damn, I like it! I'll leave it to someone else to pick it apart because I think it rocks as it is. One thing that struck me is that it would be nice to get a bit more punch/bass out of drums, which sound a little thin at times. But other than that, seriously, this is good shit.

Hard2Hear is offline Retired from Audio
    I am only listening on Creative PC speakers.....
    but I think you are right that the bass is the weakest link. I don't know what kind of bass it is, but try it out micing up a bass cab. You will probably get a thumpier sound.
    Also, you have to realize that, no matter the music, people hear the vocals the most. And that does sound like the creed guy there. The vocal doubling was creedlike, too.

Oh- you said a Neumann on the vocals, but which one?

H2H

Jager is offline Junior Member
    i think the recording sounds great! the singer reminds me more of tool than creed,which in my book is more of a compliment. nice job!

Emeric is offline - - - - - -
    Damn, that's good. I like the drum sound, full enough sounding here. Bass level is fine to. You already said the dirty guitars come in a tad loud, not much though.

Great work!

CyanJaguar is offline Three Thousand and Counting

don't make me swear

but I swear, the first instant I heard the voice, I actually thought it was creed.

Which brought out something. I just could not imagine creeds voice in that kind of space. I think creeds room is a little bit bigger, and the voice is a little bit more forward. THe vocal recording itself sounded great if a little bit covered. Maybe just bringing the fader up about .5 -1.0 dbs will fix that

NOw, the guitars were happening. I just love the way they sound and the space they are in

I think the bass could have come up a little bit(without bringing up the reverb sound)

THe mix was very clean. great

Good job, I had been waiting for your work for some time, and you did not dissapoint at all with quality

And thanks for becoming a part of the family before posting. I hate it when I see someone with a total of 2 posts coming to the clinic

keep it up
    My mind is made up. Dont confuse me with facts.

The kind of girl I want, wants the kind of guy I'm not.

Bassman is offline Senior Member
    Very cool song... Excellent recording by my ears. If I wanted to be really pickey I could say the snare sounded kind of funny in certain places, but given the overall effectiveness of the entire tune, I wouldn't change a thing.

Hard2Hear is offline Retired from Audio
    By the way, I liked the song...sorry I forgot to say it. And it sounds better on bigger speakers. I hate PC speakers.

H2H

Jager is offline Junior Member
    CyanJaguar,you said you hate it when you see people with two posts ,posting in the mp3 clicnic. why? if someone has a song done,and would like some feedback from this site,why wait? why not go for it? thats what this sites all about right? when it comes down to it,its about the recording music,letting people hear it,and hopefully have someone help ya out a little,no?

anyways,still a great job with your song,tubedude

Emeric is offline - - - - - -
    Jager, a lot of people do the drive by post thing...

"hey check out my song"..

Worse thing is when you spend all the time, really listening to the song and they never come back... why?
    because that was not their intention.

Jager you are in a different category, you are here, so don't take CJ's post personally. He brings up a valid point.

No flame war here.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information