Final version, I promise!!!

moptop

Okay, here is the final version of my "I can't wait" song. Corrected pitch problems and shortened ending.

Let me know what you think>

The vocals could use another run. I think you have exactly what is required, I would re-track it now the song is well defined see if it can't be cleaned up, mainly vocals more loose and more natural feeling. Sounds close, but feels a little stiff.

Snare isn't great sounding. But I couldn't say why for sure, it sounds like a snare, maybe it too pronounced or too much room.

overheads and snare have a harshness to them, maybe the 8-12khz area. hats and crash seems almost distorted. i remember this song. did you post in months ago??

Yes, I did post this a while back. I'm trying to learn and tweek as I go! As for the snare...okay, I'll replace it. Now that you mention it the cymbals do sound like they have this "dirt" in them. I didn't notice it until I solo them where it stands out more. I guess I'll just re do the entire drum track. I also thought about re-cutting the vox track as well. My vocals can always use help!!! Being only a self taught musician and not a professional I have a lot a bad habits and a long way to go. It's a work in progress for sure and I very much appreciate the input. I'll just keep hammering away at it until it sounds better.

Thanks

Back