Final single of EP - ANDROMEDA (Looking for feedback)

dude7691

Hey guys :)

Released the final track of my EP "NULL AND VOID" today, called "ANDROMEDA". It's another chill/ambient hip hop beat which focuses on sound design, synth modulation and melodies to give a nice wavy and melodic vibe. I've got a bonus track coming (dnb) but this is the last track as of now. It means a lot to me as it's my final hip hop beat before I transition fully into liquid dnb & techno/soundtracks. Thank you for your time and all feedback before on previous tracks and this one is very much appreciated, would love to hear your opinions on it! :)

Link to ANDROMEDA: ANDROMEDA by Will. B | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thank you :)

I thought it sounded good for the most part. Most of the tones were nice.

Some of the higher synth notes got a little harsh - something that goes against the "chill effect" you're going for.

The the bass is pretty sterile. No low mids. Kind of had a rubbery sound.

Other than those two things, I thought it was good. I liked the percussion ideas you had.

Hey Triple!

As you know I always value your feedback, thank you very much :)

I will tone some of those notes back, it's really hard with some monitors and visualisers to tell the difference between "harsh" and just "loud", but I do agree with you, and I'll pull back the limiters on them somewhat and EQ out some of the 5-8kHz.

Yeah that seems to be a problem with the 808's I'm using, I'll try and either layer in some synth bass or something like that and cut out the lows just to give it some mid range feel, or just try to EQ boost the mids already present in the 808 and knock out some of the sub range.

Thank you! I've really been trying to get my tracks to sound progressive and percussive development is a big part of that I feel, tried to make use of several different percussive sounds and reversed some and used different velocities e.t.c to try and get the track to feel like it moved, as that was a frequent criticism of the first 2 tracks of the EP, I'm learning my lessons :D

Thanks again :)

I would have like for the bass to have more presence. it seemed to have set way back in the mix.
I did like it and it has a nice groove to it.

Thank you Touron! Volume wise it was maxed as loud as I could get it without clipping and compressed properly, I think I might just need to let the low mids come through more, take out some other 200Hz elements and let the 808 shine. I will play around with it.

Appreciate your time and feedback very much, all the best and I'll implement those changes :) I try to make use of all the feedback I'm given.

Last edited:
Back