Film music idea

famous beagle

This one is still in its early stages --- just piano --- but the basic theme is there. I'll probably orchestrate it differently in a few different versions, and then it will go in my portfolio of music designed for film that will most likely never see the light of day. :)

Pretty simple with regards to mixing, being only a solo piano, but I'm open to any thoughts or comments.

Thanks

Attachments

• Film music idea 1.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
This one is still in its early stages --- just piano --- but the basic theme is there. I'll probably orchestrate it differently in a few different versions, and then it will go in my portfolio of music designed for film that will most likely never see the light of day. :)

Pretty simple with regards to mixing, being only a solo piano, but I'm open to any thoughts or comments.

Thanks

I think it sounded really great! There are many successful Podcast that would love to use audio such as yours in their shows. Many are movie related. You never know who may be listening!

I think it sounded really great! There are many successful Podcast that would love to use audio such as yours in their shows. Many are movie related. You never know who may be listening!

Thanks much! I do plan on trying to make something happen with my incidental music once I have my portfolio a little fuller. As it stands now, I only have a few things in there.

Thanks much! I do plan on trying to make something happen with my incidental music once I have my portfolio a little fuller. As it stands now, I only have a few things in there.

Just so you know, one is ok to get started. When you get one finished, PM me and I will line you up with the Producers. You retain all rights and your name will be listed in the Podcast as well as the credits.

It sounds good, Beagle. Very pleasing to listen to. I think the piano sounds a little "full" (like 300-400hz area maybe?). Have you made any EQ cuts on this? Maybe just a small 1 or 2b cut somewhere.

I can maybe hear a timpani kicking in with very light, distant hits if you wanted to flesh it out more and have a build up toward the end.

Is that a real piano? If that's a VST, what are you using, because it sounds realistic.

I take it you didn't record this to a click and are using free time? There are times when the tempo slows a bit more than I'd expect, and the left hand drags behind the right in hitting the chord "late". It gives it human feel, which is nice, just wasn't sure if that was all intentional. I like the use of dynamics (loud/soft and faster/slower) a lot.

Thanks Nola. I agree it does sound a little thick. I hadn't made any EQ adjustments yet, but I certainly will I'm sure.

This piano is from Garritan Personal Orchestra 5. I agree that it sounds very realistic. I have GPO 4, and the upgrade to 5 is exponentially better in many of the instruments, including the pianos (there are four of them).

I did not record it to a click at all. It was actually recorded very quickly after I wrote the idea, and it was meant to be a scratch recording, just to get the idea down. But when I played it for my wife, she said, "No, it's great like that. That's the take." I gave it a few days and then listened again, and I agreed that it sounded nice the way it is. It is very "human" feeling for sure.

I'll probably do a few different orchestration ideas on it for different effects.

Thought I chimed in here already, guess not. Listened to it a bunch of times recently and didn't find anything to pick on. :thumbs up:

Back