Thread: Few demos from my upcoming rock musical....

Thanks

Few demos from my upcoming rock musical....

Sign in to disable this ad
    So myself and a lyricist has been chiseling away at a rock musical for the past half year based on some Viking mythology, but a bit more modernized and contemporary.

I just finished writing the music for the last song (21 songs!) and for the past month or so I've been working on a 4-song demo to send to producers and such. I'm still waiting on a singer to finish the last song, but I have 3 other songs mixed and ready to go.

Yes these are purely demos so I'm not looking for perfection, believe me there's mistakes a plenty (and as bass and keys aren't my main instruments, yeah.....) but I'm just making sure the overall sonic sound is okay. Vocals are the priority.

SoundClick artist: Jesting Nul - Composer, lyricist, drummer, keyboardist, bassist, and producer who creates epic productions out of
    SoundClick artist: Jesting Nul - Composer, lyricist, drummer, keyboardist, bassist, and producer who creates epic productions out of
    The Want Ads - Something Wrong With Me - On Sale Now!
    CD Baby - Amazon - iTunes

Thanks
    Yeah, I think it definitely sounds fine overall sonically (I listened to A Dance of Swords). I thought the vocals were awfully dry and up front (for my tastes anyway), but the whole recording is kind of that way, so I think it fits? I think the drumming is really well done and captured well. The whole mix has a '70's kind of feel to it that is in keeping with the tune.

Thanks
    Sounds pretty good to me for 1st mixes. The vocals are kind of rough in spots, but the overall feel seems about right for prog rock opera.

Thanks
    Hey thanks guys for checking it out!

Hmmm, interesting that when I play it back on some other speakers, you're right, the vocals do seem pretty upfront and dry. A little too much for my taste. I think I'll have to up the send to the verb a bit. Also maybe up the bass a teeny bit! Its fine as is but I've always liked a prominent bass so it could use to be a dB louder.
    The Want Ads - Something Wrong With Me - On Sale Now!
    CD Baby - Amazon - iTunes

Thread Information