Feedback Regarding Mix Quality Of This Sound Track and Help Mixing It Well

Dee.P.Tree

Hi.. Fellow Musicians and Engineers,

This is Dee.P.Tree who has recently registered in this forum. Actually, I was following this forum since many months, but now I finally could not resist any more without registering. There so much learning and knowledge available here, so I am now part of this great community.

I make electronic music since just over a year now. I have not yet purchased any professional hardware for music production. I have my old dell laptop and for mixing, I use cheap earbuds came with mobile phone because of financial situation.

Now..main point of this thread:

Please find the sound cloud link here:

https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-tree/firebeatz-schella-dear-new-york-deeptree-remix

I am not satisfied with the result of my mixing and mastering ability and eventually quality of end result.

I am not yet capable to afford professional service for mixing and mastering.

So, first of all I request for problems in this mix which is easily identifiable on high end monitors.

Next, I would request for mixing/mastering my track. If any one can help me getting the track sound better, I may use this as reference track for my future music. I can provide multi-tracks of this sound piece.

Let me know your views. Thank you for support.

Regards,
Dee.P.Tree

I am sure ... I will be more active in this forum... Now. Listening other tracks and provide my views. But, I am not sure how professional veterans will consider a word from a newbie.

Btw. Just a small brief about the track. It's a EDM remix of original mix by Firebeatz and Schella.

I am not sure about how such music is viewed in HR forum.

I hope I will get something positive.

Thanks in advance.

So, first of all I request for problems in this mix which is easily identifiable on high end monitors.

I am not sure how professional veterans will consider a word from a newbie.

You overestimate us, my friend! This is a HOME recording forum. Half of us are listening to these things on headphones.
Please! Post feedback on other threads in the clinic! Very few members are actually professionals in any way. We're just enthusiastic amateurs.

As to you mix. It seems a little low-end heavy in a few places. The first bass line that comes in rumbles a bit unpleasantly on the lower notes.
This is a pretty dense mix tho, and most everything is pretty clear besides the low-end build up.

Not too many professional veterans on this forum. Honestly, it didn't hold my attention for five minutes. I liked the beat and the synth bass for the most part. The mix lacked dimension and space. There wasn't much foreground or background, everything was too forward for me. Since it starts out that way from the beginning and doesn't change energy level much, it doesn't really build and got old before it finished. I love electronica, but what draws me in is the soundscape and the subtleties, which I wasn't really hearing here. Just my opinion.

It's better after the 2:30 mark - the levels are better and the mix is interesting. The earlier section is ok but the repetitive bass is a bit too loud, masking the other instruments. Although in a club it might be more suited (I'm listening on headphones).

Thanks @VomitHatSteve @Robus and @ido1957 for spending some minutes for my immature attempt. I really appreciate your feedback.

I also want to apologize for very late response. Due to some family thing... I was not able to come back for music related activity.

I accept your opinion, too. I may revisit the track and try to tweak some knobs to create virtual space. This was not thought of while mixing, If I admit it frankly. I may reduce its length also... by removing some portion. Thanks a lot.

---------- Update ----------

Not too many professional veterans on this forum. Honestly, it didn't hold my attention for five minutes. I liked the beat and the synth bass for the most part. The mix lacked dimension and space. There wasn't much foreground or background, everything was too forward for me. Since it starts out that way from the beginning and doesn't change energy level much, it doesn't really build and got old before it finished. I love electronica, but what draws me in is the soundscape and the subtleties, which I wasn't really hearing here. Just my opinion.

You overestimate us, my friend! This is a HOME recording forum. Half of us are listening to these things on headphones.
Please! Post feedback on other threads in the clinic! Very few members are actually professionals in any way. We're just enthusiastic amateurs.

As to you mix. It seems a little low-end heavy in a few places. The first bass line that comes in rumbles a bit unpleasantly on the lower notes.
This is a pretty dense mix tho, and most everything is pretty clear besides the low-end build up.

Thanks for your advise..! I'll be more active in forums. I am planning to re-mix this 'remix' based on feedback received after I get some time. I'll try to make adjustments based on your comment.

Thanks. :)

It's better after the 2:30 mark - the levels are better and the mix is interesting. The earlier section is ok but the repetitive bass is a bit too loud, masking the other instruments. Although in a club it might be more suited (I'm listening on headphones).

I am planning to work again on this 'remix'. I am considering you feedback to modify the track. Thanks a lot.

Back