Feedback on my final track?

Chuku

Hello all..two weeks ago i had posted a raw mix of my track.. I got some feedbacks and have done some amendmend in tracks. I did my best to tweak the mix and mastered as much as i could to sound it better...
I mixed this track on my headphone and it seems fine on headphone but can i get some feedbacks from you guys ?? (positive or negative)..It will really help me a ton to improve and keeps me motivated...
Thanks a lot.
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-911764617/old-pine-cover

hey that acoustic sounds pretty nice. I like the panning. Could use a little more top end. Vox sound great. Contrasts nicely with the guitar. Good reverb choice on the vocal.

The pause around 1:30 good use a track boost. I'd really like to hear some ambient noise and even a floor creek or something - just not straight up silence. You can raise that vocal harmony up in the next section too. The song loses some energy after it, although it should be picking up...it's really the panning choice there. Why did you drop the L guitar? The energy just plummets from there. Look at your waveform - you can see the loudness isn't anywhere near the first half of the song.

Really, great song. Excellent playing and singing. This is a really good tune man.

Some 'ess' issues on the vocal, probably enhanced a little by the EQ and reverb EQ, you could do the 'Abbey Road' trick on the reverb to take some of the top end off. The guitars EQ could use a little top end added.

Yeah, the only thing that poked out to me was the sibilance. The track sounds like a lot of mine...almost overworked. But it's beautiful and polished. Maybe less reverb would help it sound more natural, but studios aren't really made to make things sound natural. I don't have anything helpful. It sounds really well done.

what a beautiful track :)

I'd suggest you make the vocal about 5% louder, since it is in the same range as the guitar--it is tough for me to differentiate.

Back