Feedback on this industrial metal/metal mix.

Guitar, bass, and drums seem to sit pretty well together. Some of the cymbal panning is a little wonky tho. Some of the crashes are probably too wide, and the hi-hat seemed to be coming from both directions really distinctly. (i.e. It didn't sound like the hi-hat was sitting in the middle somewhere, it sounded like it was way out right, and I was hearing a reflection from the left.)

Otherwise, the bleeps weren't great. They were clear in the mix, but the arrangement makes them seem very token. It's not djent + house metalcore; and it's not metal made with synthesizers industrial. It's a djenty metal song with some bleeps thrown in.

first thing, the cymbals were too "hissy". kind of straining on the ears. nice composition and the electronic lead actually shines through the dense mix pretty well, I thought. But in general, it was pretty high-end heavy, i thought.

Very high-end heavy. I'm not caring from that guitar sound. It's abrasive or maybe too loud in the mix (or maybe I'm too old). Composition-wise, it didn't seem to go anywhere. You say it's a test, but it deserves to be a song. The performance could be tighter. This kind of music should be very tight between the guitars, bass, and drums. There were parts where they didn't seem as together as they needed to be.

Back