Faint Aroma - Supercreep, Greg_L & rayc

rayc

retroreprobate

Significant remix of this short, sharp song.
Greg plays drums and, rather wonderfully, guitars.
Supercreep/Casey did vocals as well as creating the vocal melody.
I play bass and the quieter guitars as well as the wooden intro riff.

Yeah, heard this before. Pretty cool.
At the time I didn't know it was a collaboration.
:thumbs up:

Pretty cool stuff, nice work. Only thing I could pick out was wanting a little more bottom end to the bass for a more full sound. Really enjoyed it, nice vox and playing all around :thumbs up:

cakewaslKaKed,
Ta - I love that you love etc.
Andrushkwit,
Thanks - the bottom end was bigger but it stomped on everything else so had to be trimmed .
Bruthish,
Casey & Greg did sterling work and brought the thing to life. Thanks for your generosity.
RFR,
I always collaborate as my skill set is rather limited. thanks.
Robus,
Thank you. The mastering certainly provides a "finished" package.

I'm with andrushkiwt on the bottom end. Just touch more would bring it even more to life, for me. Maybe SoundCloud isn't helping it though.

Sounds good as is regardless. Nice little tune. Great performances all round. :thumbs up:

Sounds pretty solid.

I might try to level the lead vox out a little bit; they seemed a bit quiet in the first verse. I might also drop the low BGV a little bit and give it some 'verb; it's a little loud and close at times.

Something was a little wonky with the first guitar note. It sounded like it had started and then you faded it in?

Mr Clean,
the bottom end is present on the .wav, FLAC & 320MP3. Sadly SC & other streamers don't carry it.
I did set the bass up Lemmy style though.
VHS, I've relisted a few times and can't pin down the ist note issue. Is it in my rudimentary lead line or the rhythm guitars?
The quieter vox in V1 was a decision re dynamic development (as the song didn't have much)

I never heard this before, but I really like it. EQ-wise, it's just a touch light - it could easily get away with a bit more oomph downstairs - through my monitors, it sounds a bit like it's playing on the radio.

Hello Dobro,
Thanks for your kind words. The .wav is much meatier. The bass was set up for recording Lemmy style and the bass drum certainly kick hard enough. I will keep your comments in mind for my next recording or mix.

I remember this song. To me, it's a really cool song. I love it.

I immediately focused in on the lack of a low end. The bass is way back in the mix. From what I can hear, it has a decent tone. It's just tough to hear.

The guitars might be a bit thin - but they might sound much better with a stronger bass.

Again, really cool song.

Back