Explorer

Love the production on this one. It has a, for lack of a better word, "fatter" sound than some prior stuff of yours I remember. Bass guitar sounds awesome. What is that? A rick? Vocals are really well done as expected. Turn 'em up a bit?

Ventures kind of into rush territory for a while there which isn't so much to my tastes, but it's more organic sounding that than that, which is cool.

Impressed. Sounds super. Great arrangement and variety. Love the spaciousness of the drum kit. Well done.

Bass guitar sounds awesome.

This is funny. The ric, the jazz and p basses all sat this record out (with the exception of a little fretless Jbass on one song). This is James' Ibanez. It's ugly and inexpensive, but sounds great, and so we just kept reaching for it, lol.

This is funny. The ric, the jazz and p basses all sat this record out (with the exception of a little fretless Jbass on one song). This is James' Ibanez. It's ugly and inexpensive, but sounds great, and so we just kept reaching for it, lol.

Ha! Yes, Ibanez does make ugly shit, but man it sounds pretty damn good here.

I haven't read through the thread, so I may or may not be echoing what others have said already.
This is a fantastic song. It's a very well thought out arrangement. It has a led Zeppelin physical graffiti feel to it...although the vocal and synth solo are reminiscent of styx. It's very original and flows from one groove to another beautifully. Very good performances on every thing here. I also think it's arranged, recorded, and mixed very well. Kick ass lead guitar work too.
I really enjoyed the listen supercreep.

Oh, wow, this is fantastic. I didn't read through all the responses, so forgive me if this is a repeat comment, but the only thing I did notice about this mix is that it seems to have just a little bit of a build up in the 350Hz - 400Hz range. If you did some choice cuts in this region across most (?) tracks that have content in this area, I think it would open this mix right up. As it stands, I think it is near perfect, but there is this slightly boxy/muddy sort of vibe happening, which is pointing me to that region.

That being said, if you don't touch it, it really doesn't hurt the production. It would be like going from awesome to awesome+1.

I really like all aspects of this. The vocals, the performances, the composition, the development, the arrangement. It is all killer.

I'll be watching for this album to be finished.

PS - I really like the change at 2:10. I was waiting for a moment for the mix to open up, and there I had it. Very satisfying. If you consider the suggestion above, please be careful of that area and try to keep that great sense of opening up right at that moment.

Wow, how'd I miss this? This is amazing! Love the 7/8 break. Does sound very Yes/Rush to me as well. Big fat Angel/Styx synth solo. Most people just won't sit long enough to listen to an 8 minute song anymore. Truly sad, how many kids today would sit and listen to Close To The Edge? Probably very few would be in their seats after the first 5 minutes...
Only nit. You get a lot of SSS FFF in the intro where the distortion is on the mike...

groovy man.... Yep a little Rushy...but also a little Crimsony.

be fun to see performed live....

Back