Estereolux - very first track published ever!

YanKleber

Retired
This is the very first track of our very first album to be published.
It's me doing/playing the whole stuff and my wife singing (in portuguese).
It's a hobby work and suppose to be 100% download freeware.

Band name: Estereolux (from Brasil)
Album name: Dava até pra tocar no rádio (It even could play on radio)
Track name: Anti Amor (Anti Love)
Genre: Pop Alternative
Time: 4:05

Please let me know what do you think of this mix. It's my first one. It was hard because I don't have any experience with it and my equipment is poor. :)

:)

Last edited:
Sounds very, very good. Everything is well balanced. Nice song. Good voice. Only one suggestion: See if you can side-chain out the esses in the voice (hitting really hard on the reverb) or automate the reverb down at the point of the esses to eliminate some of the tail.

Generally sounded OK.

Vocals are a little sibalant (as mentioned by someone). I think if you just used a better reverb sound it would clear it up. Vocal is a bit harsh in spots. Maybe a small notch EQ somewhere around 2400hz - 2700hz might help. I also think you might try for a better take. The singer has a nice voice, but it sounded to me like she was just trying to get through the song without making a mistake. I'd try for a take with a bit more passion in the vocal.

Drums are a little robotic.

There is a low-mid buildup in the mix. It's a bit tubby.

The bass is too heavy to my ear. It's got too much low end. It's boomy.

Are you going for that drum machine sound on purpose? Agree regarding the vox, some more emotion and less sibilance. Knowing you're new at this, it is a very good start.

Back