Electronic Rock

I'm listening on cheap headphones, but it seems pretty solid. I can't spot any mix critiques on my first listen.

I thought it was very good. No real mix nits to pick. Just personal preference stuff: distorted guitars had a bit of a "digital" sound - amp sim-y or solid state amp-ish. Too much reverb for me. Reminded me of why I hated 90% of everything that came out in the 80's. :)

The song was well structured and well played. A very good mix.

Which instruments are real and which are synthesized? It all sounds pretty good.

I just mixed. But it was all done in a living room. Programmed Drums, Bass Di, Guitars are POD, Various Analog synths.

To get a real feel he will actually play all the parts out. For example: Instead of programming then loping and copy and pasting drums, he will actually play the entire song out on a midi keyboard.

I just mixed. But it was all done in a living room. Programmed Drums, Bass Di, Guitars are POD, Various Analog synths.

To get a real feel he will actually play all the parts out. For example: Instead of programming then loping and copy and pasting drums, he will actually play the entire song out on a midi keyboard.

Now I get to feel like a moron... can you tell me what Bass Di and Guitars are POD mean? :)

Does it mean they came from a real bass and guitar or are they synthesized?

Sorry for the 101-level questions.

Now I get to feel like a moron... can you tell me what Bass Di and Guitars are POD mean? :)

Does it mean they came from a real bass and guitar or are they synthesized?

Sorry for the 101-level questions.

No worries, all questions are welcome!!

Yea he plays the bass and guitars. The DI is the direct input from the bass to tape. A POD is an "outboard" guitar amp simulator.

Back