ELBOW DROP THE WORLD by Jason with Mr Whyte and Bartman

Manor Music

I had a few friends over yesterday and Jason uploaded his new beat..

I figured I'd record the rehearsal

Mr Whyte on backups and Bartman on midi-box.

Attachments

• jason quaytzar mix.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • jason1.jpg
    jason1.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 36
  • quaytzar1.jpg
    quaytzar1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 34
  • bartman on midi.jpg
    bartman on midi.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 34
Yeah a bit quiet. Since it's a rehearsal, I'm not sure what you're looking for, but anyway....

I thought the vocal reverb was over-done. Just too wet.

Little skip at :24. Plosive at 1:20.

Some of the background vocals were kind of loud.

ELBOW DROP THE WORLD..and maybe a few picky so-called home-recorders

Do you guys sit home all day....
do you polish your automobile continuously?
Is there a distant point you just don't get about recording a rehearsal?
Have you ever recorded your own rehearsal? or are you just too good to rehearse?

let me explain REHEARSAL
It is like instant replay for the band...in this case we were literally creating musical fusion...literally because all three of these artists never got together before ...you guys are reading too much into this with your anal-ytics....sometimes a rehearsal is just a rehearsal...it was nice to capture the moment...

ELbOw DrOP THE WoRLd! (it's red dawn...motha f...)

here is your redo
created my own delays in the beginning by duplicating the same sample voice then staggering it while lowering the volume progressively ...
I dont care for the delay VSTs..and I can specifically tailor my delay.

exported to a 2 channel stereo file
then
normalized with MEqualizer...

I didnt do much except edit out all the jibber-jabber talking and screw ups....
one-taking it
one day at a time...
people show up and it's time to open the door, turn on the power and get rockin...

Attachments

• ElBOW DRoP THE WoRL.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I am sure I will get plenty of criticism on the cell phone camera action footage....sue me
Ironically, if you act like a prima donna about it, that's exactly what won't happen. The point of the mp3 clinic is to post your mixes and get feedback on them. Good feedback will include criticism of the things that you did wrong.

However, if you get defensive about it and lash out at people who are just trying to help, we will stop responding to your threads.

Ironically, if you act like a prima donna about it, that's exactly what won't happen. The point of the mp3 clinic is to post your mixes and get feedback on them. Good feedback will include criticism of the things that you did wrong.

However, if you get defensive about it and lash out at people who are just trying to help, we will stop responding to your threads.

Yup.

Dude, if you just wanted to showcase your slapped together "rehearsal" and have people tell you how awesome you are, this is the wrong section of the board for it.

let me explain REHEARSAL
It is like instant replay for the band...in this case we were literally creating musical fusion...literally because all three of these artists never got together before ...you guys are reading too much into this with your anal-ytics....sometimes a rehearsal is just a rehearsal...it was nice to capture the moment...

If you just want to share your nice captured moment, that's fine. I can move this to the marketing/publicity thread where it belongs.

The MP3 clinic is for people to post up their songs so others can comment/critique/suggest/etc. It isn't about getting likes/views/clicks/friends/etc...

you guys are all correct...I got hasty and posted it prematurely...

after a whole day of rap n roll..so have some sympathy

the truth is ...this is a new genre for me...and a new way of recording for me...

I am here to learn and constructive criticism comes hand in hand.

I work with lo-budget people and lo budget gear and there is always noise to be made...I am not sitting at home lavishing over my cool setup to bragg about...if I wanted to do that I'd just go to Facebook.

Chili
If you feel the need to move things around then go for it

If your gonna claim the MP3 clinic is for people to post up their songs so others can comment/critique/suggest/etc. and not about about getting likes/views/clicks/friends/etc... then I agree
I don't advertize my links...
I post for the love of music...
Gregg
it's not about how great I am...perhaps you are great...I don't really know you
your recordings sound great but you like to make assumptions too readily

but i did come back and remix it..
.did anyone hear the mixed version?
no?
as far as being a "home recording" it fits the bill...

Gregg
it's not about how great I am...perhaps you are great...I don't really know you
your recordings sound great but you like to make assumptions too readily
I didn't assume anything. I just stated that maybe you are in the wrong section. People gave you some feedback and you went a little mental. That's not what this section of the board is about. Going mental when you don't get what your way can be done in pretty much every other section of the board. :)

And there's only one "G" at the end of my name.

You assumed I did this to show off or something....

I dont mind feedback but I will generally return sarcasm back with more witty sarcasm...it's my way

can you define going mental?
I post a thing in apparently the wrong section cause it's a rehearsal and not a bona-fide song...
the quality sucked...but then again you guys are a bit
"nit-picky"...at least I am running bands thru my garage and recording when I can...

The header may need to be changed at the forum.."dont be shy"
I wasn't.
maybe the HR.commers need to have a summit and discuss it further

btw
my brother uses two Gs...it's a habit

You assumed I did this to show off or something....
No, I said "if you". I'm not sure what your intentions were. It was a simple if/then statement.

can you define going mental?
Yes, it's losing your mind. You went a little mental, not much, but a little mental after a few people said some stuff that you apparently didn't want to hear. See post #4.

I post a thing in apparently the wrong section cause it's a rehearsal and not a bona-fide song...
the quality sucked...but then again you guys are a bit
"nit-picky"...at least I am running bands thru my garage and recording when I can...
Nit-picky is the whole theme of this section. This section exists for things to be nit-picked by others.

The header may need to be changed at the forum.."dont be shy"
I wasn't.
maybe the HR.commers need to have a summit and discuss it further
We've discussed this ad nauseam. It still doesn't stop people from going crazy over feedback.

btw
my brother uses two Gs...it's a habit

Your brother spells his name wrong.

Back