Eclipse of My Mind

brilliant work man!
Great tune, Performance, arrangement, engineering, and mix.

You always get fantastic tones....especially on the drums.
love your stuff Rami

Sounds great man. Don't feel self-conscious about the falsetto. It fits. Trust your instincts.

The guitars sound nice and controlled.

I am really trying hard to find something that would improve this. OK I came up with something: I think your toms could use a touch more attack/slap. You've got the bottom/thump but I am wondering you could enhance the 2.5kHz-4kHz to meet the balance there. Or maybe the reverse: simply take out some bottom/thump in the 60-100Hz range. Your snare has that perfect balance. The toms don't quite match it IMO.

Edit: The highest tom is fine in this regard. It's the middle floor tom.

Edit 2: Well god damn it they sound great on the fill at 2:52. Fuck. I am not helping lol.

Haven't been around for a few days. Sorry I missed some of these. :)

This sounds pretty cool Rami! Particularly like that 2:20 section. The Indian feel was the perfect touch.
Thanx a lot Sammy. :cool:

brilliant work man!
Great tune, Performance, arrangement, engineering, and mix.

You always get fantastic tones....especially on the drums.
love your stuff Rami
Thanx Jimi. :)

Trust your instincts.
Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. Not so much for music, but life in general. ;)

I think your toms could use a touch more attack/slap. You've got the bottom/thump but I am wondering you could enhance the 2.5kHz-4kHz to meet the balance there. Or maybe the reverse: simply take out some bottom/thump in the 60-100Hz range. Your snare has that perfect balance. The toms don't quite match it IMO.

Edit: The highest tom is fine in this regard. It's the middle floor tom.

Edit 2: Well god damn it they sound great on the fill at 2:52. Fuck. I am not helping lol.
HAHA!. You are helping and you're probably right. It sometimes depends on how/where the toms are hit. You're probably right about the ones that don't sound good. In a way, that's the beauty of real instruments....they're not perfect, they're REAL.

I really appreciate all the comments. :cool:

Hi Rami, long time no see. Great to see that you're still at it.
Always have enjoyed your recordings, but I'm thinking this is as good as I've ever heard you.
It really sounds sublime, spacious, fullsounding and tight.

If I were to suggest anything I'd like to get a bit of a dynamic rise on the vocals when you hit that; Flying off a mountain.... Part. (Realy brings me back to Early Purple, into the fire, kinda vibe) maybe toss some distortion on it or something. I think that vocal part poking out a bit more would rock very hard.
IMHNO of course.

Hi Rami, long time no see. Great to see that you're still at it.
Always have enjoyed your recordings, but I'm thinking this is as good as I've ever heard you.
It really sounds sublime, spacious, fullsounding and tight.

If I were to suggest anything I'd like to get a bit of a dynamic rise on the vocals when you hit that; Flying off a mountain.... Part. (Realy brings me back to Early Purple, into the fire, kinda vibe) maybe toss some distortion on it or something. I think that vocal part poking out a bit more would rock very hard.
IMHNO of course.
Nak! Man, it's good to hear from you. I hope you're still going at it and doing well.

Man, it's funny you mention "Into the Fire". I've been listening to "Fireball" and "In Rock" a lot lately. It didn't even cross my mind how much that part is similar to "Into the Fire" until you mentioned it. It must have crept into my brain while I slept or something. Now that you mentioned it, I might see if some distortion might work on that part. I'm not comfortable with that part for some reason. It's missing something. Maybe distortion is exactly what it needs. I'll definitely try that.

Thanx dude, and hope to see you more often.

I'm having a "Check out the Clinic" evening. :D

Lots of talent on show, as usual. :D The only thing Im not a fan of in this is the snare sound. It has a popcorn pop rather than the hairy-bollocked whack of a Dave Grohl snare that I'm yearning for as a listener. I really like the slightly oriental lean in the guitar part, too.

Give it more bollocks, man. :D

dude .... you're a bad-ass ..... that's all I got.

Great tunes ......... always ....... every damned time.

This one's right up my alley though ..... I like it a lot

I confess I haven't read through all the comments. Wanted to cast a quick vote against the falsetto. I think it would be better without it.
I liked everything else.

I'm having a "Check out the Clinic" evening. :D

Lots of talent on show, as usual. :D The only thing Im not a fan of in this is the snare sound. It has a popcorn pop rather than the hairy-bollocked whack of a Dave Grohl snare that I'm yearning for as a listener. I really like the slightly oriental lean in the guitar part, too.

Give it more bollocks, man. :D
Thanx Bub. I see what you're saying about the snare. Can't say I disagree.
dude .... you're a bad-ass ..... that's all I got.

Great tunes ......... always ....... every damned time.

This one's right up my alley though ..... I like it a lot
Thanx Lt. I really appreciate that.
I confess I haven't read through all the comments. Wanted to cast a quick vote against the falsetto. I think it would be better without it.
I liked everything else.
Thanx Jessica. Opinion noted. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Back