Duet.

Yes the tones are very nice. The acoustic guitar. Well since it opens the song dead center and then stays there thru the entirety got to irritate me pretty quickly. Once the singer enters, the guitar should slide to the side. I am on cans so it's worse than open speakers, but still. And when the electric enters it seems even more unbalanced.
Organ is a nice touch there on the right.
Sweet volume pedal.
Could be an extra chord or too - just sayin.
Drum sounds really nice and the playing is excellent as is the upright bass (I hope it's upright). Dude, you make some killer recordings.

Thank you Ido. And Manslick
Yeah the acoustic is panned off slightly. To the right maybe. Can't remember. It's actually a fret less bass. Tasty player.
Thanks so much for listening and the feedback fellas!!!

Sounds great. both are great singers.

I think the clean electric is a little hot. I'm partial to symmetry and would like to feel it balanced out better.

Other than that, nice song and great mix.

Yup, that's a great sounding mix right there. Drums and bass sound really rich and full, while the guitars and vocals are super clear and present.

I've listened a couple of times since you posted, hoping to be able to pick something out to maybe help, but I got nothin'! Sorry.

Yup, that's a great sounding mix right there. Drums and bass sound really rich and full, while the guitars and vocals are super clear and present.

I've listened a couple of times since you posted, hoping to be able to pick something out to maybe help, but I got nothin'! Sorry.

Thanks Heat. always enjoy your stuff on the sound cloud. :)

I thought every track was done very very well....but.....the mix was a little off for my taste only. The electric guitar is panned too far and if brought down a bit on volume or a little less "fat" in sound....moved just a bit towards center......it wouldn't walk on any vocals and the whole mix would not seem weighted to one side. I'm guessing this wasn't the case........but it sorta sounds like the guitar was added later to a stereo mix of some sort. Now...after saying that.....let me repeat.....this is a really nice piece of work and I'm only reflecting my own opinion. And after all........that might not be worth much :)))

Everything is captured very nicely Elton - really full and warm and natural. I've listened a couple of times and the left panned electric has caught me off guard when it comes in each time though - it's just too far panned for me.

Your studio setup and abilities to bring out the fullness of the sound in a mix always impresses me. It's an enjoyable listen man.

duet

hey, she's got a great voice!
it's too hot in the mix, but sounds wonderful.
nice sublime guitar tones...

the acoustic sounds great, but the mic position is getting too much of the boom of the body,
probably aimed too close to the sound hole, or 'at' the sound hole....

i'd like to hear some more sparkle on the rhythm electric.
it's a bit too much 900-1500, not enough 2k-3k

Back