drums too sloppy?

bozmillar

Short version: I need to know if the drums are too sloppy. Basic simple drum beat and piano/vox, but all I need to know about for now is the drums for now. Too sloppy?

Long version: She recorded this song to a 6/8 metronome, but I thought it all sounded pretty 4/4 to me, so I played this drum beat to it just trying to get the timing down. The main issue is that I can't do any quantizing because the original recording was done to a 6/8 metronome and the drums don't line up with that at all, so I just have to play it by hand and get it as close as I can. I just need to know if it's too sloppy or not. I'll go spice it up later, but I wanted everyone's opinion first.

yeah, I'm hoping to get the timing down first. I'm sure I'll change it up once I know they're not too sloppy.

Drums are pretty hard to make out, but while the piano is 4/4, the drum beat's first 2 hits are quite groovy/funky. I think if the piano was played in the same style they would fit better. Nice song, Boz, great voice!

Joey :):):):)

Usually if you ask if it's too sloppy the answer is generally yes. But this sounds fine. Anyway it's more important to establish the groove that to have every note quantized within an inch of its life

Back