Don't Wake Up Revisited - My Bad Bro- Don't Taze Me

ksounds

Sorry for reposting this in a new thread...but.

The song is over 4 minutes long and unless you have a premium account with soundclick, your songs get cut off after about 4 minutes. So, I tried hosting this song with garageband.com, and the user interface kind of sucks and you can't update songs or whatever. So...

I've been posting kind of regularly, so I figured I would pony up the 10 bucks a month for the premium service and upload high quality mp3's in their entirety, heard the way they are meant to be heard. So, this is the latest and greatest mix, based on feedback from the previous thread of this song, and some timing issues corrected, congas volume dropped, etc. Not trying push my shit on you all, I just want to represent the song and give props to soundclick for a very decent interface:D Thanks for taking the time to listen. IMO this is the best place to hang out anf talk about music, and home recording.

So, if you've already heard it, or even if you haven't, here it is again. Headphones are cool. It's called "Don't Wake Up" Peace out:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=805880

Sounding good k.

Funny, I post songs a good deal longer than 4 mins quite a lot on soundclick with no issues. Maybe my mp3s are smaller sizes regardless of song length?

Anyway,this sounds really nice. I like the bass in particular. Your voice sounds great, but perhaps just slightly flat at times? Not a dealbreaker, but it threw me a bit. Nice lyrics...keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned.

Sounding good k.

Funny, I post songs a good deal longer than 4 mins quite a lot on soundclick with no issues. Maybe my mp3s are smaller sizes regardless of song length?

Anyway,this sounds really nice. I like the bass in particular. Your voice sounds great, but perhaps just slightly flat at times? Not a dealbreaker, but it threw me a bit. Nice lyrics...keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned.

Could be a bit rate thing.

Thanks for the comments. I think I got some pretty good sounds from the acoustic and bass with this one-congas too actually.

You are right, my vocals are the weak link in this one, they usually are. This was my first stab at the vocals and I think the song warrants a second attempt now that I've spent some time with the song and gotten some great feedback from the homerecording.com community. I'm very much anti-autotune, and plan on doing a retake this weekend. Will post the new version when it gets done. Thanks Heat!

Its improving at each remix. I like the vox personally.
Good song as I've said.

Sounds pretty good. I might like it a little drier, maybe? I don't particularly like the hand percussion stuff either, but that's just me. Overall the guitar and your vocals sound fine to me. I'm not a pitch nazi unless it's really bad, because God knows I can't sing. Good job overall.

Back