don't come here no more

I just like how I can see all the different instalments in the one first post. When I post mix changes, I often do it in my most recent post (as if everybody's been following the thread as breathlessly as me :D), which means you have to scroll around sometimes to find it. I think your way's better.

Doing both is best I think actually. Include the new mix in the latest post for those who're following along, and then edit the 1st post w/ new links for those who're late to the scene.

could use more seperation and clarity

There could be a lot more of both of those things, yes. I don't think that's so much what I was going for here though.

I gotta give feedback if I want it too :) so here you go (take with salt, I'm new at this)

I really like this piece. Everything has it's place, everything serves a purpose. I like everything about it. It sounds/feels finished. Good work. I wish I had more technical advice to give, but to my ears it's good.

I gotta give feedback if I want it too :) so here you go (take with salt, I'm new at this)

I really like this piece. Everything has it's place, everything serves a purpose. I like everything about it. It sounds/feels finished. Good work. I wish I had more technical advice to give, but to my ears it's good.

Thank you!

You shouldn't second guess yourself though. This post alone proves that you are an astute listener with impeccable taste :thumbs up:.

I liked it a lot. Very clever lyrics. The nits I would pick have already been addressed in this thread. All in all I think this is a great song, performance and recording.

I liked it a lot. Very clever lyrics. The nits I would pick have already been addressed in this thread. All in all I think this is a great song, performance and recording.

Hey, thanks jimi. Not sure how this one popped up on here again, but glad you liked it.

9 months later, I can hear two problems: the drums are a little dull and don't pop like they should, plus the vocal is a little flat throughout I think. I just didn't hear it at the time. Ah well...

You bumped a nine-month old thread to say 'bummer' and 'change is good'? Care to elaborate?

I'm assuming he meant to post in another thread? It sounded like part of some other conversation he was having...not sure.

When I saw the song appear here again after so long, I assumed it was you! You do have a habit of bumping old tracks! :)

I only bump the ones I really like. And don't you dare say 'why didn't you bump this one, then?' lol

I only bump the ones I really like. And don't you dare say 'why didn't you bump this one, then?' lol

Ok, I'll refrain...my feelings were hurt, but not too much. :)

How does someone accidentally respond to a 9 month old thread though :confused:

Well, I'm glad that guy bumped the thread, I hadn't heard this song before.

Sounds great. In spite of the problems with the cymbals and the OH channels, I love the drums, especially that driving snare. The melody is different that your usual Beck-ish style, I like that. And you've got some good change-ups to keep the listener engaged.

Cool.

Well, I'm glad that guy bumped the thread, I hadn't heard this song before.

Sounds great. In spite of the problems with the cymbals and the OH channels, I love the drums, especially that driving snare. The melody is different that your usual Beck-ish style, I like that. And you've got some good change-ups to keep the listener engaged.

Cool.

Hey, thanks chili! Glad it sounded mostly good to you! Yeah, the crash cymbals came out weird on this one. Not sure why as I can't remember what I did to them. Thanks for checking it out! :)

I listened to the newest mix. Everything sounds great. I love the chorus. It's super-catchy. The only thing that sort of bothers me are the guitar swells. It reminds me too much of Telephone Wire. That's not a bad thing but if you don't want to repeat yourself, I'd remove them (aside from the bridge). I think what's there is enough to carry those quiet sections. It really is stupendous, though. It's going to be stuck in my head for some time.

I listened to the newest mix. Everything sounds great. I love the chorus. It's super-catchy. The only thing that sort of bothers me are the guitar swells. It reminds me too much of Telephone Wire. That's not a bad thing but if you don't want to repeat yourself, I'd remove them (aside from the bridge). I think what's there is enough to carry those quiet sections. It really is stupendous, though. It's going to be stuck in my head for some time.

Thanks Adam. Yeah, I guess those guitar parts are kind of similar to that other tune. Most aren't familiar enough with my stuff to notice :).

I like to use a variety of guitar sounds and effects, but there are still only so many that I go back to and reuse over time. Those swells will no doubt be used again!

Back