does this have potential? Rough song idea!

moptop

So, where should I go from here? This is a very rough outline and not complete so be merciful.

Thanks all

The sound reminds me a lot of Herman's Hermits. Not at all to my taste, but it's not at all bad if that's what you're asking.

I'll take Herman's Hermits as a complement!!! I'm an old guy so 60 ish is what I like. Thanks for listening and for you thoughts. Much appreciated.

Lead vocal is a little buried. Harmonies sound good tho. How many voices are doing the "doo doo"s?

Your hats are pretty bright and loud too.

Bass sounds nice.

Yeah those high hats call too much attention to themselves. I think the arrangement is good but am I hearing some wrong notes on the keyboard? I think you also need to re-sing the lead vocal with more abandon. Also a few pitch problem in the lead vocals. I think the harmonies are good though.

Ooh, I really like the end. That would be hilarious if you left it like that. At any rate, the song needs to get wrapped up quickly in my opinion, since it's pushing 4 minutes at that point. So I guess you're maybe just a line or two short. Cool song!

I'm pretty sure OP is asking about the song composition and not the mix itself. I'm sure he'll re-record the whole thing lol.

But I agree with Jessica. If you're going to sing a song like this, it should be under 3 minutes. I know that sounds formulaic and off putting, but the producers really knew what they were hearing when producing those 60s tunes.

am I hearing some wrong notes on the keyboard?
Oh, you caught that, huh? Yes you are correct! I confess, I'm not a keyboard player at all. There are plenty of wrong notes in there. I'll edit them out in the final. I played it live and that should be a No No for me.

Ooh, I really like the end. That would be hilarious if you left it like that.
Jessica, yeah I kinda had more words at the end of the music. I'm planning on shortening it up and adding some kind of bridge but the creative juices aren't circulating very quickly right now. For the most part this is just a thrown together demo to see how and what needed to be done. Anything that's needs attention will be re recorded after a get a total structure in concrete.

Harmonies sound good tho. How many voices are doing the "doo doo"s?
It's one main vox with two coming out of the TC helicon Harmony G-XT. I thank God it has pitch correction built in or else they would sound like caa caa.

Thanks all for your suggestions. It is a big help. When you're doing everything yourself you get kinda "tone deaf, or everything deaf" and simple things and mistakes get overlooked or just flat ignored.

Back