Do you listen to songs posted here where you have to download them to listen to them?

Do you listen to songs posted here that have to be downloaded to listen to?

• Sure I'm willing to download the song onto my machine to listen to them.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Hell no! If I have to download it to listen to it...forget about it.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I don't give a shit either way.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TAE

All you have is now
I rarely do.

Just curious...

Shit you can upload them here or host them on about 10,000 other song hosting sites.

Sometimes. And why do some people insist on using youtube? It f*cks the sound, and it takes more work to make a video than to just upload an audio track to soundcloud or soundclick.

I prefer to listen to streamed songs rather than having to download.

That way I can get to listen to the first 15 seconds without having to download the whole thing (because my broadband is not so broad).

This is the MP3 Clinic. It's for getting and giving feedback on mixes. If you can't be bothered to spend the 5 seconds it takes to download a song for critique, then you are useless to this section of the board and would be doing everyone a favor by fucking off.

Are there any streaming services that don't do file compression and/or sound compression/limiting?

I think it would be a good to put a sticky thread about "how to upload songs". And couple of good sites to convert from wav to mp3.

And how you might get more replies if you put a link of sound cloud where people can just click and play. Also, how to add the soundcloud link and wrap it with the soundcloud tags we have. This is from mainly the new members. the people who are here know all this stuff.

This is the MP3 Clinic. It's for getting and giving feedback on mixes. If you can't be bothered to spend the 5 seconds it takes to download a song for critique, then you are useless to this section of the board and would be doing everyone a favor by fucking off.

For me it is a whisker more than 5 seconds.

Like maybe 5 minutes.

It's ever been thus.

Wow, seriously? 5 minutes for a song? That's insane. What's the deal with internet speeds down there?

I just did an OoKla speedtest.

Download speed: 1.17mbps
Upload speed: 0.16mbps

This is ADSL broadband where I live, over an aging copper system.

My son is on optical fibre and gets 99mbps

Streaming is easier, but I download as well. Hell, for whatever reason, I upload sometimes. It makes it special :rolleyes:

Internet speeds in Oz are awful.
I'm 40 mins south of Sydney, the biggest city in the sothern hemisphere and sometimes I can't send an email because the system is too slow.
I'll download folk I know & stream almost anyone so long as the system allows it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Greg_L again. :laughings:

I don't mind downloading songs to listen to them. For some reason I can't stream soundcloud files form the forum, they play for about one second then quit. To listen to soundcloud files I have to go to soundcloud.

I don't mind downloading songs to listen to them. For some reason I can't stream soundcloud files form the forum, they play for about one second then quit. To listen to soundcloud files I have to go to soundcloud.

That was happening to me a couple of weeks ago, I re-installed Firefox and the problem went away.

I much prefer Soundcloud links, but if it's a genre or cover that I like, or a user I'm friendly with, I'll usually take the trouble.

Internet speeds in Oz are awful.
I'm 40 mins south of Sydney, the biggest city in the sothern hemisphere and sometimes I can't send an email because the system is too slow.
I'll download folk I know & stream almost anyone so long as the system allows it.

LOL - Telstra are punishing you ray!

I'm in the middle of the biggest city in the southern hemisphere (is that true? Anyway, Sydney...) and I can't get anything but 4G via hotspot connection... Telstra are punishing me...:mad:

Oh, and downloads are the only way I can listen at work, due to the archaic notion my company has that I should be doing work, and thus blocking sites like Soundcloud. I could YouTube and Facebook all day long, but not Soundcloud... go figger...:confused:

Back